PDA

View Full Version : Recording Problem.

newDuo
18-03-12, 00:39
Hi All,

I have a weired problem.
I have tried to record onto my external HDD and it seems to be working.

If I am watching 1 channel and recording another then there doesn't seem to be any problems. But, if I am watching the same channel and recording the event then the menu keeps on popping up every 10 seconds and then goes away for 10 seconds and comes back again. Any ideas on why this is happening?

newDuo
18-03-12, 00:41
This is also happening during playback. When I go into recorded list and watch a recording while the recording of the even it still happening the Main menu comes on for 10 seconds and goes off and then again comes back.

judge
18-03-12, 00:50
Never had this issue with my Duo or Solo, recording to internal or external drives.
What image are you using?

newDuo
18-03-12, 00:54
VIX External HDD

newDuo
18-03-12, 00:56
I think its a bit weired as well...
There is absolutely no problem if I am just watching normal channels.
As soon as I record and watch something the menu thing is happening. By the way timeshift is turned on (hopefully that is not causing this issue)
I have tested it fully but it seems like I can record one channel and watch another without causing this issue.

judge
18-03-12, 01:11
I have timeshift on too, always have.
Something wrong with your settings as VIX does't pop up messages in this way unless there is an issue.
Have you tried rebooting the box to see if it solves it?
Other than that, have you recently installed any plugins or changed any settings?

newDuo
18-03-12, 01:25
I have actually watched a recorded event after the event recording was complete. There was no problem on that.
So in essence this is happening only when watching an even that is currently recording. Please help as this problem is quiet annoying.

judge
18-03-12, 01:48
I have actually watched a recorded event after the event recording was complete. There was no problem on that.
So in essence this is happening only when watching an even that is currently recording. Please help as this problem is quiet annoying.
I've watched 2 currently recording events tonight (probably 10 - 20 mins after they started & still recording, on 2 different tuners, inbuilt & USB) & had no issues.
Have you installed any plugins on top of the default image?

newDuo
18-03-12, 02:05
Hey,

Thanks for your help.
I haven't installed any additional plugins.
The problem was there and was happening on all channels during recording.

I did a cold restart bd that now seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks again.