PDA

View Full Version : box on in the mornings

wullboy
17-03-12, 12:19
When i get up in the mornings my duo+ is usualy on, know, i think this has something to do with the EPG, as it is set to refresh in the mornings [ like most peps ] well this morning i watched the box go into a reboot at the time when it is schedule to refresh EPG, now as the box is on standby, and i know it is going to load the new EPG, would i excpect the box to reboot when it is refreshing the EPG, so this must be the reason the box is ON in the mornings,[ CAUSE IT IS REBOOTING ] so have i got some settings wrong in the EPG, as i thought the box would come on in the mornings, download the new EPG file then go back onto standby.... what am i missing here....thanks guys

punisher
17-03-12, 13:34
How many sources is it trying to download? Also just right down ur settings u have for epg? N is it crossepg or xmltv?

wullboy
17-03-12, 16:53
2 sources m8, croosepg & xmltv......settings for the crossepg is

enable cvs import...yes
force epg reload on boot....no
download on tune....yes
scheduled download....once
scheduled download at....06.30
show as plugin....yes
show as extention....yes
show `force reload ` as plugin....yes

punisher
17-03-12, 16:59
Might possibly be. Try using just 1 either crossepg or xmltv. Might be a crash as memory might be gettin so full im not sure. But try swapping between 1 or the other n see whats causing it. How many sats are u downloading on those 2 sources?

wullboy
17-03-12, 17:11
downloading one sat punisher m8 sly only, but yea, it could be the downloads are to close together as xmltv is 6.00 and crossepg is 6.30, i`ll disable one and run with that m8...cheers

punisher
17-03-12, 17:16
No worries mate, let me know how it goes :D

wullboy
18-03-12, 10:08
ok, got up to a box that would not respond to the remote, so done a reboot, from the rear switch and every thing is ok, on the box`s lcd, the day was correct, the date was correct, but the time was sittting on 06.50.....now the crossepg was set to 06.45 [ not 06.00 as stated in an earlier post ] so it crossepg has done it`s download at 06.45, and then 5 minutes later when the download had finished, the box locked, there it no crash logs showing in the settings, so now i`m going to disable crossepg, an enable xmltv, and see what happens..........

Larry-G
18-03-12, 10:16
I'm not sure if it helps but my setup of CrossEPG is to leave every thing as default and only activate the download to once per day at 04:30 using the OpenTV 28.2 East sources on all the boxes i use.
Duo, Uno, Ultimo.

occasionally on the Duo the box does not return to standby once the epg has downloaded and it stays on the radio channel but it has never locked up on me or frozen as a result of using CrossEPG just pressing the channel up or down button is enough to get the box off the radio channel.

wullboy
18-03-12, 15:09
ok just back from a little shopping, and i find my box on, [ i only have xmltv activated ] and of course it is ON the start-up channel i have set, i also have a crash log, which i have uploaded for any of you`s guys that understand it...cheers

wullboy
24-03-12, 09:06
Got some more crash log, only useing xmltv with rytec uk only ??

wullboy
14-04-12, 10:00
Issue not going away [ have sent crash log to vix ] got up this morning, tried to put the box on, useing the remote, but no joy, the remote would not bring the box out of stand by, i then noticed the lcd on the box was not showing the wrong time, it was showing 05.45, which happens to be the time that i have the EPG set for it`s refreshing, so the box was put into standby last night and at 05.45 it should have refreshed the EPG, [ crossPEG ] but instead it crashed, so still some issues here with EPG, but like i said, ive sent the crash log to vix, to see if they can suss what is going on...cheeers...

judge
14-04-12, 11:31
Have you a swap file enabled?
If not, try adding one & report back tomorrow if the EPG import process worked or not.

wullboy
14-04-12, 11:41
Have you a swap file enabled?
If not, try adding one & report back tomorrow if the EPG import process worked or not.

not rightly sure m8, is it a case of ftping into the folder and enabling it ?? or is is done in settings ??

judge
14-04-12, 12:32
not rightly sure m8, is it a case of ftping into the folder and enabling it ?? or is is done in settings ??

Menu /Setup / VIX / Swap Manager.

wullboy
14-04-12, 12:41
Menu /Setup / VIX / Swap Manager.

ok swapfile now active, cheers m8, will see how this goes over the next couple of days...thanks...

Larry-G
14-04-12, 12:45
ok swapfile now active, cheers m8, will see how this goes over the next couple of days...thanks...

Keeping the swap file active permanently can have a detrimental effect on the receiver, i would try first by just activating the swap file late at night before you go to sleep then deactivating it again the next morning after the EPG has populated.

Dell_XPS
15-04-12, 18:42
Just use open TV on 28.2 m8, had probs like you describe using rytec epg, binned it, and it works no problem at all now.
HTH