PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] drivers - dvb modules query.

CoolerMaster
17-03-12, 00:48
I would just like to ask if the drivers aka dvb modules on the vu duo are affected during an image flash? I recently updated the drivers to the latest released (2 March) however have since flashed to an older Vix image then back to the latest image with Linux 3.1.1. Does this mean the drivers have reverted back to the original one's included with the Image?

Larry-G
17-03-12, 01:03
when you flash the older image it will remove the drivers and install those it came with. also for the record Vu no longer make drivers for pre 3.1.1 kernel images, and the drivers for the 3.1.1 kernel images will not work with older kernels / images.

to check your driver version in ViX 2.3 click menu> information> about. this will give you the date of your drivers.

Rob van der Does
17-03-12, 08:03
I would just like to ask if the drivers aka dvb modules on the vu duo are affected during an image flash? I recently updated the drivers to the latest released (2 March) however have since flashed to an older Vix image then back to the latest image with Linux 3.1.1. Does this mean the drivers have reverted back to the original one's included with the Image?
A flash deletes ALL that is in flash. And any image comes with drivers, otherwise it wouldn't work.
The latest VU-drivers are dated 28/2; there is no 3/2 release.

to check your driver version in ViX 2.3 click menu> information> about. this will give you the date of your drivers.
This will only display the date of the drivers that came with the image (or the online update). After a manual driver install (older or younger) this date will not be changed.

CoolerMaster
17-03-12, 10:52
Thanks for the info Rob, that's correct there are no 3/2 drivers, this was just the date which the 28/2 drivers were posted on a different forum. However I will not be updating to these, as the fixes mentioned are not relevant to the duo, just the solo and ultimo I believe, if it ain't broke don't fix it :) Have had many problems with the receiver freezing and restarting recently, after having read through the forums related to the same issue I have flashed again yesterday and followed the steps mentioned, I believe it was a usb drive related issue but if the problem persists I will upload the crash log.

Rob van der Does
17-03-12, 11:24
There is a playback enhancement in the 28/2 drivers, also for the DUO, so updating might be worthwhile.

If it is indeed freezing and restarting there will be no crashreport (as those indicate a system crash, not an Enigma crash).

CoolerMaster
17-03-12, 13:10
What's the best method of updating the drivers? I have tried the tool on this forum 'Vu+ Duo DVB Module Updater By Lee' doesn't seem to work, in the past I have simply backed up and replaced the files in lib>modules>3.1.1>extra with the new files and restarted the receiver. Is this the correct method?

Rob van der Does
17-03-12, 13:20
Yep, that's what I always do.