PDA

View Full Version : how do i watch movies on my vu+duo ?

jjp2701
13-08-10, 12:47
i have the dreamelite image on this box, and was wondering how to watch movies on this box of my pc, i have asked on alot of forums, but no one has got it working for me, is there a easy solution, to this, i like playing mkv and avi files, but havent got a clue how to do this, could someone give me a noob guide on how to do this, or a step by step noob guide please

grtmoby
13-08-10, 13:08
easiest way is to put your movie file on a usb, plug it into ur duo and ... voila, you can play it

jjp2701
13-08-10, 13:19
easiest way is to put your movie file on a usb, plug it into ur duo and ... voila, you can play it

will it play anything, and what size mkv will it play m8

parkher
14-08-10, 02:12
I tried putting a mkv onto the internall hd - played perfectly.
But it is not what is needed - I need either to be able to play files over the network directly from my PC (or its external drives),
or to connect an external drive to Duo via eSATA or USB, but the external drive is ntfs!
I have many ntfs drives filled with mkv stuff.

grtmoby
14-08-10, 02:21
ntfs has to be converted to fat32 so the duo can deal with. you can share the drive on ur pc and so can access it and play the files directly through the network browser in the duo

jjp2701
14-08-10, 07:33
my pendrive is in ntfs format and is playing mkv files the size of 6.62gb, so it can play ntfs files

Zupy
16-08-10, 09:08
For NTFS you have to enable ntfs module in kernel (Blue button on Dream elite image i think -wrote from my head, im not near box)