PDA

View Full Version : SNR issue finally sorted :)

BRAVEHEART
16-03-12, 01:19
This post is just to let all the guys that were trying to help in this thread ( http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16415-Your-SNR-amp-AGC-on-your-VU-DUO-what-do-you-get ) that the SNR issue is now fixed :)

I had hoped the sat installer guys would have left me some sort of note that I requested to tell me what they done or changed exactly just for reference sake but they didnt leave any note, they only told the wife what they done and she passed the info onto me.

As far as I am aware they replaced the new LNB that was only fitted approx 2 months ago with yet another identical brand new LNB again, they said the dish was Lined up properly and all fixings as solid as a rock etc and that was it.

So I dont know if the other LNB was faulty or maybe it was just loose connections or something like that, I dont know if they reAligned the dish etc as all they reported is what I have just explained, pity they never left a proper note of what actually was wrong, lol.

But anyway, my SNR on my channels of choice have jumped up by about 20 to 23%, so something has definetly changed, I am only glad its ok now :)

Thanks again to all the people that tried to help in the previous thread about this issue ;)

Sicilian
16-03-12, 06:05
So what was advised was in actual fact what was needed, so please, next time 'take advice' ;)