PDA

View Full Version : DreamboxEdit Error

JimboM
16-03-12, 00:31
Hi guys

Sorry wasn't sure where to put this thread ut hopefully it should be OK here.

Only just got my Duo and just tryin to learn lots at the moment. I've downloaded DreamboxEdit but everytime I start it I get the following error message

Zugriffsverletzung bei Ardesse 00000000. Lesen von Adresse 00000000.

Anyone know what this means? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it just does the same. The program looks like it's working OK but having never used it before I can't be sure ?

Also when I load up Silverfox's / Vix 28.2 SD settings I get

errors in userbouquet.xxxxxx.tv.file(s) (TV): 482

Is this normal or is it likely to be linked to the above error

Thanks

Jim

stick50jr
16-03-12, 01:11
Zugriffsverletzung bei Ardesse 00000000. Lesen von Adresse 00000000.

'Access violation at Address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.' according to Google Translate.

I have not seen this problem... I use DreamboxEdit 5.0.1.0 without any such problem under Windows 7.

Being in Oz, I don't use the settings you refer to. However, if DreamboxEdit has this problem at startup then I doubt this is caused by settings on your VU+. More likely you have an old version of DreamboxEdit or a corrupted version (virus?).

regards

wullboy
16-03-12, 06:58
not to sure, but when you first install dreamboxedit, dont you get the option to install it under english, as you may have installed it under german or something ?? and then you go to the option tab and then install your ip address, then username [ root] then password[ dreambox ] then enigma2 and save it all......

JimboM
16-03-12, 09:24
Hi all, yes did install in English, the menu bar etc is in English as well but the error is in German. Tried 2 different sources for the install exe so think it's probably down to the pc. I'll give it a go on a laptop and see how I get on

Cheers

mmcmedia
16-03-12, 09:31
nope nothing to do with pc buddy
install the latest vlc player 1.1.11 should get rid of the access violation
that it

JimboM
18-03-12, 20:37
Thanks mmcmedia, installing the latest VLC player did the trick.

Next problem is that whenever I send settings to the Duo I get a message

'Sending reload command failed. See the log for information. Reboot the Dreambox by hand to activate the new settings.'

any ideas what this problem might be

Cheers

gedclarke
21-03-12, 11:11
Reload command does not work on vu+, all it means is you have to restart your box manually (via the main menu) for your settings to take effect.

judge
21-03-12, 12:09
Reload command does not work on vu+, all it means is you have to restart your box manually (via the main menu) for your settings to take effect.

The reload command does work, you just have to ensure you are using the correct port.

gedclarke
21-03-12, 13:11
Which is the correct port, ftp, http or telenet? All my settings are set correctly but I still can't use reload command, can you explain a bit more, cheers.

judge
21-03-12, 13:31
It's the http port.
If you haven't changed the OpenWebIF plugin settings, I think it's 8088. You can check on your box by going to Menu/Plugins/OpenWebIF.

See what's set as the http port there & use that as the http port in your dreamboxedit settings.

gedclarke
21-03-12, 14:34
No, for some reason it does not work for me. All my settings seem spot on (the same as I use for OpenWebIF) and I can upload/download bouquets. Also the 'Test Ip Connection' and 'Test Username/Password' under options both pass. So no idea:confused:

norbert
27-03-12, 20:26
If this is of any use to anyone, as i was having problems with dreamboxedit. I can't remember exactly how i cured the errors i was having, but it was along these lines:

After a PC reboot and fresh open of dreamboxedit, receive (download) files from dreambox into a new folder, then send (upload) them back to VU+. that See if works, because i believe some of the files in the channel list get corrupted.

If the above does not work, FTP a new satellite.xml file to the VU+, then try the above again.