PDA

View Full Version : Duo Stuck in boot loop :-(

mrmad1966
15-03-12, 23:04
Folks, my Duo is poorly. Running Vix 3.1.1 I changed the network adaptors static ip to point to another internal network, rebooted it and now it keeps crashing/creates the log then restarts anything like a safe mode or owt for these duos ? What as a newbie would you advise i do now ?
Thanks

mrmad1966
15-03-12, 23:21
Update... After reading another article renaming Automounts.xml worked a treat !

gwilliams
09-08-16, 23:08
I'm having a similar problem with my Vu+ Zero box. Seems to be a plugin corruption that just continually casues the box to restart on bootup. Is there any way to get Vix to boot without loading plugins so that I can remove the problematic plugin?

abu baniaz
10-08-16, 05:25
Issue following command
"init 4"

Delete the offending plugin directory by FTP if you are certain it is the plugin at fault.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

gwilliams
10-08-16, 08:08
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm a complete newbie to Vix I'm afraid (although ok with computers); could you explain how I issue the command?

I presume there is an FTP server built in that I can connect to...however it the box is rebooting every 10 seconds, will I be able to make a connection?

abu baniaz
10-08-16, 10:17
There is a guide on how to use Linux commands with Putty in the guide section. (Link also in my signature on most posts) "init 4" will stop Enigma 2, it will not try to reboot.

You will still be able to FTP.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

gwilliams
10-08-16, 14:44
I'm not getting any Telnet response using Putty. I know it's not a firewall issue as I can use Putty to connect to servers both on my local network and remotely over a VPN.

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 14:57
Try a reflash with the latest ViX image and set the box up again and be careful what plugins you install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwilliams
10-08-16, 15:08
I'm reluctant to do that as there's an awful lot of customisation in current setup...and law of sod dicates I don't have a recent backup!

Andy_Hazza
10-08-16, 16:31
I dunno what your solution is then if you can't ftp or telnet into your receiver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
10-08-16, 16:46
Try rebooting without a network connection plugged in.