PDA

View Full Version : why does oscam need to be connected to net?

hiohaa
15-03-12, 01:09
left my vuduo unplugged to the router for a few days and came back and discovered the premium channels wouldn't work, until i reconnected it to internet and restarted oscam.

why? i never had to do that with cccam. i hope my vuduo isnt visible on the internet through oscam! very concerned about this, please enlighten.
thanks.

Sicilian
15-03-12, 16:46
Are you using your own official legal subscription card?

hiohaa
15-03-12, 18:09
Are you using your own official legal subscription card?

Yup of course, that's why I'm concerned. I don't want to be sharing anything on the net. All I did was install oscam off the link from this forum, didn't change any settings or anything

BadBoy
15-03-12, 18:55
Hard to say without seeing your configuration files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Stanman
15-03-12, 19:45
Yup of course, that's why I'm concerned. I don't want to be sharing anything on the net. All I did was install oscam off the link from this forum, didn't change any settings or anything

I would not worry, you would need to open ports to poitn to the box and have a forwarding service set up and if you have done neither than your fine. If you really are that worried just pull the network plug out and only put it in once a week to check for updates.

silverfox0786
16-03-12, 02:04
If you really are that worried just pull the network plug out and only put it in once a week to check for updates.

thats the issue OP is haveing stan

upon removing internet connection to box

the official card does not clear

which i find odd too as i never experienced this myself

Stanman
16-03-12, 19:28
Sorry my bad, didn't read his post properly.

Have a look at your settings mate, as I run Oscam and never had issues with it not clearing my local card with no internet.

hiohaa
16-03-12, 22:35
Sorry my bad, didn't read his post properly.

Have a look at your settings mate, as I run Oscam and never had issues with it not clearing my local card with no internet.

any chance you could tell me what settings i should have?
i just installed it by downloading the most downloaded version of oscam, off the link in the VIX forum bit, installed it via that ipk thing, dropping it in /tmp.

didnt change anything on it coz it just worked. are there specific things i need to setup in it? and, i presume to set it up, its via your web browser, that :16000 port or whatever it is?