PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] No data on transponder

51er
14-03-12, 19:29
Hi
I have a fully working VU Duo on Vix 2.3. Ealier today my friend asked me to put 2.3 on his new VU Uno.
I powered up on the original image & all fta channels were working. I sucessfully flashed the correct 2.3 image & all seemed well.

Network fine but after adding various settings plugins I cannot get the fta channels showing -just a X in the channel box under the date.
The Uno box is hooked up to a standard 28e dish & all channels show a good signal.
I tried to search but get no services found .

This seems to be an image problem but more likely I will have missed something in the setup but I've tried all day to work it out without success.

Can anyone please help solve this mystery or my obvious omission?

Larry-G
14-03-12, 19:58
Try flashing the latest FPGA upgrade file to the receiver as this is programmes the chip that controls the tuner cards.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/fpga/vuuno/4.4/

Download and place on USB stick.

Menu > Plugins > FPGA Upgrade.

51er
14-03-12, 21:05
Thanks for your reply
I tried loading the file but get error message "Can't find md5 file"
As per the Uno sticky I also reflashed the original 5.11 image but still can't add the upgrade.
Just after my first post the X was replaced by the usual 1280x 720 info but still no picture.

I would have thought using the latest Vix 2.3 would have included the latest upgrade. Maybe I've flashed the wrong original file.
Perhaps a fresh start tomorrow
Thanks for any help

Larry-G
14-03-12, 21:26
The FPGA can not be included with any image as i said it flashes a update for the chips that control the tuner cards, hence the separate update. load the newest official image and try the FPGA upgrade again.

http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/

51er
14-03-12, 21:46
Thanks for your help

51er
15-03-12, 01:21
Thanks again to Phoenix for putting me on the right track.
I eventually had to install a blackhole image that let me install the required file but all working now!

Larry-G
15-03-12, 02:01
I'm glad you got it sorted.