PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Suggest a Fix

tomthebomb1968
13-08-10, 04:49
Hi I have had my Duo since May and up until now I have had no problems.

Over the last few days I have noticed that the letters on the display have not been displaying correctly and also that the box had a few crashes.

I have tried to reflash the box but when i reboot after flashing the box gets stuck and does not boot. The "Starting" messaage is continually displayed and the box wont boot. I have tried flashing using both the USB method and with the null modem cable and the VuUtility program. Both methods report that the flash has completed but each time I reboot after the flash I get stuck on the Starting message.

Tom

SLOTH
13-08-10, 05:15
Hi mate
if you have a Hdd connected , try disconecting it , an see if it boots completely
Sloth

Sicilian
13-08-10, 05:41
After flashing, power off for approx 30-60 seconds. I've experienced the same thing a few times.

pooface
13-08-10, 06:11
As sic says. Have had the same thing myself... Dunno why it does it. Maybe a bug caused by newer drivers. Only noticed it when I've done a few reboots in quickish succession...

Anyway, how early do all you guys wake up?! lol. Started a new thread for that question here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1684-How-early-do-you-all-get-up-and-why-!&p=10178#post10178) though, so as not to clutter this thread :)

tomthebomb1968
13-08-10, 18:05
Thanks guys tried all your suggestions but still sticking on Starting message. Getting seriously worried now.

pooface
13-08-10, 20:22
Try pulling the power out from the duo. Give it at least 5 mins, and then try it...

guff daddy
13-08-10, 20:47
Also try the USB flash with a different USB stick...

DrProzac
13-08-10, 22:07
Do you have anything else connected to the box, USB etc?

Have you switched off tried removing the LNB inputs incase one of them is shorted, and the starting up again.
I had this problem with another sat box, and with a shorted LNB would behave very strangely

satmanbasil
13-08-10, 22:14
Hi mate

Question are u using a usb stick with meoboot? my experience with later images is that they dont boot on usb hence having the starting message and box locked up... only solution is switch off at read remove usb and reboot to original flash. You didnt mention what image your using in flash, have you tryed a different image to see if the results are the same?
Please come back with more information so the "A" team can work its magic again lmao

regards
satmanbasil

tomthebomb1968
14-08-10, 03:03
Well guys I am still at it and have tried all your suggestions

I have tried with lnb inputs removed too, stil no joy

@satmanbasil I have tried almost every image available to try and get it to boot, with 3 different USB sticks which all worked previously and also with null modem and vuutilityprogram. I have tried OE15 and OE16 flashes but no difference.

Ive contacted the vendor and he will replace it if i cannot get a solution but hoping it can get sorted.

Sicilian
14-08-10, 07:01
I was going to say VuUtility, but you've already tried that.

Have you tried (not read all the posts) disconnecting everything, HDD, all leads inc HDMI lead and flashing again either USB or VuUtility method? Once flashed poweroff for 60 seconds. Connect HDMI lead only and see if it boots.

tomthebomb1968
14-08-10, 20:44
Thanks for all your suggestions guys but I think its a warranty replacement job.

grtmoby
14-08-10, 20:47
sorry to hear this tom but seems it is a must

pooface
15-08-10, 11:40
So then, I wonder what makes this "Starting..." stay on the display then? Since we all seem to have experienced it... Also, I'm pretty sure that it didn't happen in the first month at least of owning the box... So wonder if it's something to do with newer drivers, or whether it happens as a deterioration of the box or something?!

Sicilian
15-08-10, 16:01
@ Tombthebomb what version is your receiver? @ Pooface what version is yours?

pooface
15-08-10, 18:35
When I got it, I'd checked it to be a v2.3. Came with white remote. Was from latest batch at the time (was ordered at end of May, came beginning of June)

Sicilian
15-08-10, 18:51
Ok its not down to revision then, mines 1.3 I think, the version before 2.3 came out.

tomthebomb1968
16-08-10, 03:51
Mines a 2.2 with white remote, deilevered early May.

paul362
16-08-10, 08:06
I have a small problem with mine lately (may not be related) but i loose picture every now and then for around 1-2 seconds (black screen) then its back to normal ? changed image back to BH because i thought it may of been an image problem ! but it still happened ? so i changed my HDMI lead for a new 1 and it still does it ??? only seems to of started recently so im stumped, Has anyone else had this happening ??

Sicilian
16-08-10, 09:15
I have a small problem with mine lately (may not be related) but i loose picture every now and then for around 1-2 seconds (black screen) then its back to normal ? changed image back to BH because i thought it may of been an image problem ! but it still happened ? so i changed my HDMI lead for a new 1 and it still does it ??? only seems to of started recently so im stumped, Has anyone else had this happening ??

Is this happing on FTA channels or Encrypted or all channels?

paul362
16-08-10, 09:49
Hi Sic not 100% sure (i think it happened on bbc1) i noticed it happened on CH4 the other night but that may well be on the s*y encrypted 1 ill investigate more over the next couple of days to see if it does happen for sure on the NON encrypted channels.