PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Ideas for future releases.

gedclarke
14-03-12, 19:26
Firstly a big thanks to TEAM VIX for their fantastic image:thumbsup:

On with business, I couldn't find a thread for ideas for future releases so I thought I'd start one with a couple of ideas of my own.

1) I use my HDMI output to my TV but I also use the composite output to a rf modulator, then boost it to my other TV's in the house. Would it be possible to direct tuner B to the composite so a different channel could be watched from what is going through the HDMI? Don't know if it is possible but how good would it be if it was?

2) A little less ambitious, but how about placing a IMDb search option (same as the one in EPG) in the recording list. I have my downloaded films in folders in there as well as all my recordings, so I tend to forget what they are. So a IMDb option would be great for a quick check of what a film is and also if its any good.

Feel free to add your own ideas and also comment on each others (do you think its a good idea, posssible etc).

Rob van der Does
14-03-12, 19:35
Ad 1: nope, sorry, hardware limitation.

Larry-G
14-03-12, 19:55
as pointed out it's not possible to have two different channels viewed in this way but you can do this by streaming the channel to a networked pc / laptop.

Rob van der Does
14-03-12, 20:20
.....or to a second box.

BTW: heard that the ET9x00 support the PiP sent to scart.

Sandman
14-03-12, 20:58
An audio 'PIP' feature would be a great addition to VIX...

I've mentioned it before and I know there is a start of an Enigma plugin of one but it doesn't really work and doesn't really do the job that efficiently! (we don't really need traditional PIP...a small red button like notice in the top corner specifying the audio channel would be more than enough!)

With Premier League football now getting more and more regulations, English coms are probably going to disappear from foreign sats altogether so being able to change audio to say 5 Live would be a great feature!

This obviously also covers popular sports like F1 and Boxing and I'm sure many others so having something like this integrated to the image would certainly set it apart from others!

Rob van der Does
14-03-12, 22:04
An audio 'PIP' feature would be a great addition to VIX...
Here you go (no warranty: haven't tried it myself, but is rumoured to be working).

Sandman
14-03-12, 22:36
Here you go (no warranty: haven't tried it myself, but is rumoured to be working).

I haven't tried 0.0.3....0.0.2 was awful so will have a look!

gedclarke
15-03-12, 09:28
Ad 1: nope, sorry, hardware limitation.

Would it possible using a usb, then convert using usb to composite cable?:confused:

Sandman
15-03-12, 09:48
I haven't tried 0.0.3....0.0.2 was awful so will have a look!

Its still a complete mess unfortunately...

im85288
17-03-12, 16:38
Its still a complete mess unfortunately...

Works quite well for me, using an xtrend 9000 box with latest vix image. The only annoying part is that just like normal pip, you cannot watch a hd channel and get the sound from a sd channel. But sd to sd is fine, got a match on now with radio 5 commentary.

I think with the ET9200, this may work perfectly as they sorted out the hd to hd pip (I think!)

Rob van der Does
17-03-12, 16:41
Give that limitation: what about using the PiP-service relation plugin? Would that help?

spacemonkey
17-03-12, 17:34
How about masking out dummy channels when matching bouquets to the Sky Numbering in the various EPG

Larry-G
17-03-12, 18:59
How about masking out dummy channels when matching bouquets to the Sky Numbering in the various EPG

that is some thing we are looking into but its necessary to have those empty or place holder channels for the bouquet to mirror the sky lineup, this is i believe a enigma thing.

im85288
17-03-12, 21:53
Give that limitation: what about using the PiP-service relation plugin? Would that help?

Have not heard of that plugin before, I'll give it a try and report back on my findings

Markymark
18-03-12, 00:11
Could it go one better and draw the audio from radio through the net? So basically we have picture from the channel and audio feed options from say r5/r5x/talk sport/absolute? All these are broadcast online and in formats most devices seem to play.

Only an idea.

machare
18-03-12, 01:53
Works quite well for me, using an xtrend 9000 box with latest vix image. The only annoying part is that just like normal pip, you cannot watch a hd channel and get the sound from a sd channel. But sd to sd is fine, got a match on now with radio 5 commentary.

I think with the ET9200, this may work perfectly as they sorted out the hd to hd pip (I think!)

Yup, it appears rather good. I can watch Eurosport SD from Astra 1 with the English soundtrack from Eurosport Biava on Hotbird.
Presumably I could also watch F1 from RTL with the Radio 5Live commentary.

Markymark
18-03-12, 12:15
I was thinking about the online audio option and although I have no programming knowledge to make tv apps, it seems some of the leg work has been done. There are Internet radio audio apps, so it surly would just be a case of feed in the main sports radio stations, allow the user to select the app when watching the tv, which mutes the tv audio and replaces it with the net radio feed.

I'm my mind seems logical - however maybe it's asking way too much.

machare
20-03-12, 21:57
Going back to the subject of the thread. Would it be possible to show the bit rate of a particular channel on the information panel that you get when you press the OK button?

Sandman
22-03-12, 23:13
A great feature I think VIX could shine with...

Its nice you can choose the default tuner but taking that one step further I'd like to see the default tuner be free'd up until the last minute...

eg. I have 3 tuners, A & B are static on 28E, C is motorised

I set C to be my default tuner

When I decide to record a channel on 28E, tuner C is automatically taken up to record the desired program

The problem now is I can't watch any other sats even though tuner A & B are free...

It would be great if the motorised tuner was kept free until needed thus allowing you to still have your choice of sats while programs are being recorded on other tuners!

mcquaim
22-03-12, 23:31
@Sandman

There is an option in Customise in the setup to allow you to set your preferred tuner. If you choose A or B would that then free up your motorised tuner C?

Sandman
23-03-12, 12:10
@Sandman

There is an option in Customise in the setup to allow you to set your preferred tuner. If you choose A or B would that then free up your motorised tuner C?

:D How blazingly obvious is that eh? :lol3:

Rob van der Does
29-03-12, 06:47
I really suggest to use 'auto'. That will also free the motorised dish as much as possible.

Bat
29-03-12, 21:43
Hi,
As the inbuilt video scaler gives a rather poor performance can we have a defeat option please?
For example, a 544x576 SD program gets output as 576i on the HDMI output and a 1080i HD gets output as 1080i.
This would allow HD tv's or HD projectors to do the scaling or even the use of an external scaler to improve the SD picture quality :D
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Rob van der Does
30-03-12, 05:07
The 'video-scaler' most certainly has no poor quality; on the contrary. Most cases of 'bad picture quality' are caused by bad, non standard settings of the box and by all kind of 'video-enhancers' in TV's set to active.

But if you use the autoresolution plugin you can leave the scaling to the TV. Also in that case all 'enhancement' of the TV should be de-activated.

deckymckeown
30-03-12, 12:42
.....or to a second box.

BTW: heard that the ET9x00 support the PiP sent to scart.

Can someone advise me how to get the second tuner to route to another box as Rob states above.... i have duo in my main room and a solo in the my other room both running latest version of Vix. Sounds like an interesting feature

irishchris
30-03-12, 15:13
Been using plugin called partner box for this for last year to use the motorised tuner off my et9000 to my solo upstairs. Works a treat

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
30-03-12, 15:31
Can someone advise me how to get the second tuner to route to another box as Rob states above.... i have duo in my main room and a solo in the my other room both running latest version of Vix. Sounds like an interesting feature

Been using plugin called partner box for this for last year to use the motorised tuner off my et9000 to my solo upstairs. Works a treat.
Indeed: Partnerbox is the way to go then.
Or even better: URL-streaming is now also possible. Just make a bouquet (I named it 'remote') with the channels of the mainbox. Yhat way you can zap directly, instead of the more difficult way via Partnerbox.

An example of such a bouquet is attached. Be aware that no settingseditor is (yet?) capable of handling that. So you should use an editor to make an empty bouquet, and use an editor to fill in the settings in that file.

Bat
30-03-12, 17:37
The 'video-scaler' most certainly has no poor quality; on the contrary. Most cases of 'bad picture quality' are caused by bad, non standard settings of the box and by all kind of 'video-enhancers' in TV's set to active.

But if you use the autoresolution plugin you can leave the scaling to the TV. Also in that case all 'enhancement' of the TV should be de-activated.

Hi Rob,

Trust me on a 106" screen it does look terrrible! When the Duo is scaling an SD 4:3 broadcast up to 1080i 16:9 there are concentric rings round a bright point fading out as they get further away.
Setting the output to 567i and scaling externally eliminates this completely.
Cheers,
Gavin :)

gedclarke
30-03-12, 18:23
I wish I had a 106 incher! :lol3:

Mr. Mister
30-03-12, 19:27
I wish I had a 106 incher! :lol3:

you and me both buddy.. lmao..

machare
31-03-12, 01:27
Or even better: URL-streaming is now also possible. Just make a bouquet (I named it 'remote') with the channels of the mainbox. Yhat way you can zap directly, instead of the more difficult way via Partnerbox.

An example of such a bouquet is attached. Be aware that no settingseditor is (yet?) capable of handling that. So you should use an editor to make an empty bouquet, and use an editor to fill in the settings in that file.
Thank you. It works nicely but DreamboxEdit hates the bouquet that I have created. DBE now wont transfer any settings to my PC! Is there a solution to this problem apart from copying/renaming the bouquet file on the receiver?

Mr. Mister
31-03-12, 01:53
Next release or future releases..

the Vu+ original or clone finder..

Its a plug-in that other images use.. but as far as i am aware.. Its not available on Vix..

Its a plugin that tells you if your box is a clone or an original..

Sorry if this is already available.. I just cant find the plugin,..

Rob van der Does
31-03-12, 11:09
Thank you. It works nicely but DreamboxEdit hates the bouquet that I have created. DBE now wont transfer any settings to my PC! Is there a solution to this problem apart from copying/renaming the bouquet file on the receiver?
Hmmm, I only used an editor to send files to the box, not the other way around. What does DreamSet do?
A work around might be to delete the bouquet manually before downloading to the PC and to add it again before uploading?

machare
31-03-12, 17:48
Hmmm, I only used an editor to send files to the box, not the other way around. What does DreamSet do?I could try that thank you.

A work around might be to delete the bouquet manually before downloading to the PC and to add it again before uploading?Yes, I think that I would need to keep the initial empty bouquet that I created with Dreamboxedit.

givecredit
10-04-12, 22:16

This sounds very interesting. I currently use partnershipbox, but above sounds great, if i understand correctly. You are suggesting a new bouquet is added to 2nd box called "remote". This i have done with dreamboxedit. I looked at your uploaded file. The services all have the ip of your main box included? How is this achieved? When you zap to one of these services i assume it zaps to the main box service via ip address and service id?

Rob van der Does
11-04-12, 06:04
By the time I wrote my reply I had to make all entries in the bouquet by hand. And indeed: the first part is the IP-address of the server-box.
But there's great news: a plugin has been made available to do all the nasty work in just a few seconds (see attached file). I'm using it now on several boxes, and it works great. Even DreamSet now understands all those settings!

Enjoy!

dfdream
11-04-12, 10:05
Guys,

Anyone know if the remote record plugin is working in the current versions of Vix.
I didnt have any sucess with getting it to work.
I tried a search but found nothing, any instructions anywhere.
If not it would be nice to see it back.

judge
11-04-12, 23:18
By the time I wrote my reply I had to make all entries in the bouquet by hand. And indeed: the first part is the IP-address of the server-box.
But there's great news: a plugin has been made available to do all the nasty work in just a few seconds (see attached file). I'm using it now on several boxes, and it works great. Even DreamSet now understands all those settings!

Enjoy!

Nice find Rob, works really well.

fintannl
11-04-12, 23:40
is there any chance that system can update bouquet channels automatically to new frequencies. pain to do constant rescans. but more important want to maintain my own bouquet structure. Now that would be nice

Larry-G
12-04-12, 00:29
is there any chance that system can update bouquet channels automatically to new frequencies. pain to do constant rescans. but more important want to maintain my own bouquet structure. Now that would be nice

not like a sky box would if thats what you mean. you can however use a plugin such as the DBUK bouquet updater that connects to a database which is maintained for 28.2 east and updates it's bouquets from there at the press of a button, meaning your bouquet list is always as upto date as the database is.

Rob van der Does
12-04-12, 05:24
If you're talking about the copied bouquets: no.
I do that by deleting them and use the copy-plugin again. Not to o much work.

givecredit
12-04-12, 19:28

Enjoy!

Somehow I cannot install this. Latest Vix, put it in Var/Volitile/Tmp Then in menu/VIX i install local extension. Its says it is installing to root. GUI reboot and nothing...Where am i going wrong?

judge
12-04-12, 19:41
It shows up in Menu / Setup / Service Searching

Remote channel stream converter

MR B
12-04-12, 23:22
Is it possible to have duo`s and solo`s with no hard drives installed to do nothing when you press the record button,, Like some other images that say no hdd found, rather than fulling the flash of the box..
Cheers..

judge
13-04-12, 00:28

Enjoy!
Just a warning, DreaamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.
Hopefully fixed in a future release.

Rob van der Does
13-04-12, 03:31
Is it possible to have duo`s and solo`s with no hard drives installed to do nothing when you press the record button? Like some other images that say no hdd found, rather than fulling the flash of the box.
Yes, will be in next update.

Just a warning, DreamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.
DreamSet works fine with the created remote channels.

irishchris
13-04-12, 05:56
Just a warning, DreaamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.

I used dreamboxedit to receive channel list including remote channels from my et9000 and worked and showed up fine in dreamboxedit last night. However have not tried resending to my vu solo yet so maybe there is issues there?

judge
13-04-12, 11:16
I used dreamboxedit to receive channel list including remote channels from my et9000 and worked and showed up fine in dreamboxedit last night. However have not tried resending to my vu solo yet so maybe there is issues there?

It's downloading channels from my Duo to the lappy that dreamboxedit craps out on me after using the plugin.

sivhead
19-04-12, 14:25
I know what would come in handy, it may already be possible but sometimes when I get home from work the Kids have left Nick Jr on (which is in the kids boquet and the remote control is no-where to be found, (It usually takes me about 10 minutes to find where the kids have hidden the remote lol). So it would be nice if you could change to a different menu in the boquet other than kids using the scroll dial thing on the front of the VU. currently I can only change to channel thats in the current boquet so its either Nick Jnr, Cbeebies or some other kids garbage until the remote is found (unless I power cycle the thing). An up a level would be nice if possible.

judge
19-04-12, 14:29
I know what would come in handy, it may already be possible but sometimes when I get home from work the Kids have left Nick Jr on (which is in the kids boquet and the remote control is no-where to be found, (It usually takes me about 10 minutes to find where the kids have hidden the remote lol). So it would be nice if you could change to a different menu in the boquet other than kids using the scroll dial thing on the front of the VU. currently I can only change to channel thats in the current boquet so its either Nick Jnr, Cbeebies or some other kids garbage until the remote is found (unless I power cycle the thing). An up a level would be nice if possible.

The web interface is great for zapping if you have your lappy handy & can't find the remote.
Or if you have an android phone, install dreamdroid...

sivhead
19-04-12, 15:05
The web interface is great for zapping if you have your lappy handy & can't find the remote.
Or if you have an android phone, install dreamdroid...

True but this is an idea for a future release and its one that would interest me.

givecredit
20-04-12, 12:06
Thanks to Rob I have been using the "remotestreamconvert" plugin for about a week now. Infact i'd say about 50% of my tv viewing is done using this method. Just like to report back on a feature i discovered last night. Im streaming between 2 VU+DUOS and 1 Dreambox 800. I have created a remote bouquet on main receiver and have downloaded this bouquet to the other two receivers. When i wanted to view one of the remote channels i switched to the new "remote bouquet" There is no need to keep the remote channels in the remote bouquet. If you wish you can add these remote channels to your esisting bouquets. For example if you have a remote sport channel, it can be added to your sports bouquet. The channel will appear in bouquet with its own channel number, but slightly different colour text to distinguish it from other channels. Im editing bouquets with remote control of receiver as dreamboxedit cannot handle these remote channels yet.

danivtec
20-04-12, 12:09
that is some thing we are looking into but its necessary to have those empty or place holder channels for the bouquet to mirror the sky lineup, this is i believe a enigma thing.

This would be an excellent feature. My old Openbox mirrors the Sky Line up without the dummy files showing when changing channel so it should hopefully be possible

Rob van der Does
20-04-12, 13:23
..... Im editing bouquets with remote control of receiver as dreamboxedit cannot handle these remote channels yet.
That's exactly the reason I don't do that.
Of course I keep the channels of the server box up to date. After changing any of them I delete the remote-bouquets on the client boxes, and use the plugin to re-create them. I think this to be the most easy way to maintain all channel-lists.

givecredit
21-04-12, 16:34
That's exactly the reason I don't do that.
Of course I keep the channels of the server box up to date. After changing any of them I delete the remote-bouquets on the client boxes, and use the plugin to re-create them. I think this to be the most easy way to maintain all channel-lists.

Horses for courses.
I have 2 channel lists saved to pc. One for main receiver and one for 2 secondry receivers (they would have different channel mix). I update scans on main receiver and then copy/paste any applicable changes to 2nd list. After loading new lists i'd use plugin to re-create remote bouquets and then add my most used remote channels to positions I desire.

Rob van der Does
21-04-12, 17:16
Horses for courses.
I have 2 channel lists saved to pc. One for main receiver and one for 2 secondry receivers (they would have different channel mix). I update scans on main receiver and then copy/paste any applicable changes to 2nd list. After loading new lists i'd use plugin to re-create remote bouquets and then add my most used remote channels to positions I desire.
Yep, that's the way I do it.

YNA
10-05-12, 10:40
Here is something that I would like to suggest for consideration in future Vix releases...

Something like a 1 button zap to a certain directory in the recorded programs window.

Eg... as drives get bigger and the recorded list gets larger it becomes difficult to navigate the list especially if you have younger children. I have managed to create folders using DCC and moved the childrens programmes into it. But unless you leave that directory open last thing at night then the children do not know how to navigate to their own directory. This becomes even more of an issue if an external drive is also connected via eSata or USB or both ?

Would it be possible to provide a one button shortcut to directories? perhaps the ability to re-map the colour keys. I dont use Tag that often so I could re-map the blue key to a certain directory on a certain drive!!!

There after the kids would only need to press the blue key to navigate to their own programmes from wherever I had left the box the night before ...

Any thoughts?

Rob van der Does
10-05-12, 11:38
There is a very easy way to do just that: make symlinks in the movie-directory, and you go there in one click.

sivhead
10-05-12, 14:48
A another suggestion for the new build would to be able to sort the recorded list in alpahetical order. I have about 10 pages of recorded stuff and sometimes its difficult to find somthing that I want to watch. It would be great if you could have the choice to sort in Alphabetical order and date order.

Larry-G
10-05-12, 14:56
A another suggestion for the new build would to be able to sort the recorded list in alpahetical order. I have about 10 pages of recorded stuff and sometimes its difficult to find somthing that I want to watch. It would be great if you could have the choice to sort in Alphabetical order and date order.

Thats already in the new image and working great.

Rob van der Does
10-05-12, 15:15
You already can do that: Movielist --> Menu --> settings --> order.....

gedclarke
10-05-12, 17:54
There is a very easy way to do just that: make symlinks in the movie-directory, and you go there in one click.

Sorry what is a 'symlinks' and how do you make one please? :confused:

Rob van der Does
10-05-12, 18:00
Symlink is the same as a shortcut in Windows. You could use DCC (DreamBox Control Center) to create them.

Trial
10-05-12, 19:54
Hi,

Something like a 1 button zap to a certain directory in the recorded programs window.

have you heard and already used bookmarks?

ciao

YNA
12-05-12, 01:49
Thank you very much Rob van der Does ... Appreciate your help ... Sorry about the delay but only just got back on a PC ..

YNA
12-05-12, 01:52
Removed by me --- annoyed at Trials post but removed my own as Tit for Tat gets you nowhere in the end ----

Larry-G
12-05-12, 06:06
Removed by me --- annoyed at Trials post but removed my own as Tit for Tat gets you nowhere in the end ----

how exactly are you annoyed at trials post ? as to me it looks nothing more than a friendly post asking of you have heard of bookmarks. and i can certainly not see any thing there that would be considered as annoying.

bally12345
12-05-12, 10:06
Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is it possible to have media player close after a recorded programme has been watched. Like when using MPC on PC you can set action to sleep, exit shut down etc. I would love to have similar option on the DUO as at the moment after you have finished watching something it just stays in media player. I would like personally like it to exit back to last channel I was watching.

Yido
18-05-12, 22:39
How about showing wan IP address in network ???

rassi
19-05-12, 11:36
Autotimer editor to OpenWebIf, not sure if this is included to newer OpenWebIf
Screenshot from OpenAAF

garyblas
19-05-12, 13:51
How about having titles from listings eg. " HD,Sports,Movies, etc. " above EPG like on Sky planner.

sherry
20-05-12, 10:24
as pointed out it's not possible to have two different channels viewed in this way but you can do this by streaming the channel to a networked pc / laptop.

yes you can stream channels and recorded programms through open webif. i am sure there is guides on here m8 :)

Larry-G
20-05-12, 10:43
yes you can stream channels and recorded programms through open webif. i am sure there is guides on here m8 :)

you misunderstood me. the OP wanted to have one channel showing via the HDMI port of the receiver and another via the scart or composite connection, This is not possible as all these connection's are open at the same time on the same tuner, I know full well you can stream multiple channels via the web interface ( just one of many options ) but you can not assign different tuners to the HDMI / SCART / composite outputs.

sherry
20-05-12, 10:51
I think a playist creator would be great. I would love to make a playlist of programes i have recorded for my son and let them play :)

sherry
20-05-12, 10:56
you misunderstood me. the OP wanted to have one channel showing via the HDMI port of the receiver and another via the scart or composite connection, This is not possible as all these connection's are open at the same time on the same tuner, I know full well you can stream multiple channels via the web interface ( just one of many options ) but you can not assign different tuners to the HDMI / SCART / composite outputs.

oops sorry m8.... i should have read that properly :)

sherry
20-05-12, 10:57
Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is it possible to have media player close after a recorded programme has been watched. Like when using MPC on PC you can set action to sleep, exit shut down etc. I would love to have similar option on the DUO as at the moment after you have finished watching something it just stays in media player. I would like personally like it to exit back to last channel I was watching.

i would like this option too :)

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 11:00
i would like this option too :)
Set 'action at end of file' to 'return to list' and 'show live-TV when recording has finished' to 'Yes'.

Trial
20-05-12, 17:22
Hi,

I did not want to annoy anyone. I only asked if bookmarks where already known because they should be used to get a simple selection of favorite directories. If you press PVR two time you get a list of your bookmarks. You can navigate through all your directories and with the menu on a directory you can add it to your bookmarks.

I might be wrong but this is almost what you wanted or isnīt it? Sorry if not I am not native english speaking.

ciao

XRD
20-05-12, 21:15
http://i.imgur.com/QlaVr.png

Just a few ideas on the simple channel view (shown above).

This big bar at the top should be much more compact, lot of wasted space
This second bar from Eurosport 2 to BoxNation should hold the 'Now' info, with the current 'Now' info then displaying the 'Next' info.
The third slim bar to the right of the time could fit in the current programme title imo
The fourth bar could squeeze together the coloured buttons, again saving valuable space

If someone could point out where I would find the relevant parts of skin.xml to attempt this myself, I'd be more than happy to give it a try! I just think for a simple view it could fit in a bit more useful info (now and next being an important feature).

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 21:18
Look for the screen with 'name="SimpleChannelSelection" '.

XRD
20-05-12, 21:48
I found that but feel I may be a bit out of my depth lol... will see what I can do :D

<screen name="SimpleChannelSelection" position="0,0" size="541,720" flags="wfNoBorder" backgroundColor="transparent">
<panel name="MenuPanel" />
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/menu/ico_menu_tv.png" position="426,10" size="88,88" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="list" position="10,107" size="503,533" itemHeight="30" selectionPixmap="ViX_HD_Common/buttons/FocusBar_H30x503.png" foregroundColorEvent="darkgrey" foregroundColorEventSelected="menu-title-frgrnd" foregroundColor="window-fg" backgroundColor="window-bg" transparent="0" enableWrapAround="1" />
<panel name="MenuRed1Panel" />
<panel name="MenuGreen1Panel" />
<panel name="MenuYellow1Panel" />
<panel name="MenuBlue1Panel" />
</screen>

andyblac
21-05-12, 00:16
http://i.imgur.com/QlaVr.png

Just a few ideas on the simple channel view (shown above).

This big bar at the top should be much more compact, lot of wasted space
This second bar from Eurosport 2 to BoxNation should hold the 'Now' info, with the current 'Now' info then displaying the 'Next' info.
The third slim bar to the right of the time could fit in the current programme title imo
The fourth bar could squeeze together the coloured buttons, again saving valuable space

If someone could point out where I would find the relevant parts of skin.xml to attempt this myself, I'd be more than happy to give it a try! I just think for a simple view it could fit in a bit more useful info (now and next being an important feature).

1: it would mean having it own screen and brake the uniform look of the skin.
2: IMO would make the list too small
3: the title is the one highlighted why would you want the info repeated ?
4: you have to allow space for our none english language speaking friends, and again point 1.

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 05:55
And to add to that: I think most of those wishes are already in the normal channellist.

sherry
19-06-12, 07:32
i think a more graphical media player would be great.... one that can load front covers from dvd's cd's etc.

gedclarke
19-06-12, 07:47
i think a more graphical media player would be great.... one that can load front covers from dvd's cd's etc.

That would be great, or if the 'imdb info' function worked on the 'recorded list' and downloaded movie files (avi, dvix, mkv, etc).......so film info was a button touch away! :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
19-06-12, 08:15

That would be great, or if the 'imdb info' function worked on the 'recorded list' and downloaded movie files (avi, dvix, mkv, etc).......so film info was a button touch away! :thumbsup:
OK, a few options in that area:

1- Install the ET-mediacenter from the feeds. Nothing very special, but an overview of all accessible media in one screen;

2- In the recordingslist: select a recording, push info/guide to bring up EventView, than push Menu and choose IMDB

3- Install YTrailer. Not on the feeds (so Google or PM me about it), but very nice: shows the trailer of a selected recording.

4- Install Project Valerie: a real MediaCenter with (automated) cover-art download. But: can be a pain to install and configure.

danivtec
19-06-12, 12:37

Is this feature still being looked into for for a future release?

Larry-G
19-06-12, 14:07
Is this feature still being looked into for for a future release?

there is nothing can be done about it due to the way enigma it self works.

Rob van der Does
19-06-12, 14:53

1- Install the ET-mediacenter from the feeds. Nothing very special, but an overview of all accessible media in one screen;

2- In the recordingslist: select a recording, push info/guide to bring up EventView, than push Menu and choose IMDB

3- Install YTrailer. Not on the feeds (so Google or PM me about it), but very nice: shows the trailer of a selected recording.

4- Install Project Valerie: a real MediaCenter with (automated) cover-art download. But: can be a pain to install and configure.

One correction: YTrailer is available via the feeds.

And an addition: you could try AMS (AdvancedMovieSelection, attached): apparently it provides a lot in the area you are looking for.
Be advised: I didn't (yet) test this plugin, so make a backup before using it.

gedclarke
19-06-12, 16:50
One correction: YTrailer is available via the feeds.

And an addition: you could try AMS (AdvancedMovieSelection, attached): apparently it provides a lot in the area you are looking for.
Be advised: I didn't (yet) test this plugin, so make a backup before using it.

AMS not working, will not install on Duo with latest stable VIX :confused:

Larry-G
19-06-12, 16:51
AMS not working, will not install on Duo with latest stable VIX :confused:

does it give any specific error messages and if so what are they ?.

gedclarke
19-06-12, 17:14
does it give any specific error messages and if so what are they ?.

something along the lines of 'collected errors - packages found but incompatible with architectures configured'

Also, does anyone know the best/most stable version of project valerie to try? Thanks in advance

sherry
19-06-12, 17:41

brilliant m8, thank you.

i have had a look online for project valerie and it looks great.... i am going to give it a try :)

Rob van der Does
19-06-12, 17:49
i have had a look online for project valerie and it looks great.... i am going to give it a try :)
Make sure to make a backup before installing PV; that way you can easy and safe return to the present state.
And install it on a free Saturday morning or so: configuring my be problematic.

sherry
19-06-12, 19:47
something along the lines of 'collected errors - packages found but incompatible with architectures configured'

Also, does anyone know the best/most stable version of project valerie to try? Thanks in advance

I googled project valerie and there is a project valerie sight that gives a long list of versions.

I downloaded the newest and it installed ok.

I think it looks pretty good. The only thing that i have found wrong up till now is it has downloaded the wrong covers and title name for alot of the tv programs i recorded.

I have movies on my pc and i have it all setup so i can play the movies through my receiver and it found these without me doing anything which i thought was pretty good :)

judge
19-06-12, 20:25
I googled project valerie and there is a project valerie sight that gives a long list of versions.

I downloaded the newest and it installed ok.

I think it looks pretty good. The only thing that i have found wrong up till now is it has downloaded the wrong covers and title name for alot of the tv programs i recorded.

I have movies on my pc and i have it all setup so i can play the movies through my receiver and it found these without me doing anything which i thought was pretty good :)
Using the web interface for project valerie should be easy enough to fix your TV series.
It runs on port 8888, I think.

sherry
19-06-12, 20:28
Using the web interface for project valerie should be easy enough to fix your TV series.
It runs on port 8888, I think.

Thank you for the reply m8... can you give me a little more detail on what to do.

thanks.

judge
19-06-12, 20:36
Thank you for the reply m8... can you give me a little more detail on what to do.

thanks.

Sorry, not near mine at the moment.
Using your webbrowser go to http:// IP OF BOX :8888
Bring up your TV shows & enter the correct thetvdb, search on:

http://thetvdb.com/

You can also do this through the sync options of PV, I just find it easier to use the web interface.

sherry
19-06-12, 20:56
Sorry, not near mine at the moment.
Using your webbrowser go to http:// IP OF BOX :8888
Bring up your TV shows & enter the correct thetvdb, search on:

http://thetvdb.com/

You can also do this through the sync options of PV, I just find it easier to use the web interface.

I have synced it through pv and it is either nameing the files wongly and the wrong covers to go with it and it has put all the tv programs under movies apart from 2 in the tv section.

Is it webif that i am trying to open in the web browser?

Trial
19-06-12, 21:02
Hi,

AMS should work but in the control file is a Dreambox set as architecture. If you expand the ipk with 7zip and copy the content by hand to your box it should be there after restarting the GUI.

ciao

judge
19-06-12, 21:11
I have synced it through pv and it is either nameing the files wongly and the wrong covers to go with it and it has put all the tv programs under movies apart from 2 in the tv section.

Is it webif that i am trying to open in the web browser?

Not the usual webif, PV has it's own webif.

sherry
19-06-12, 21:17
Not the usual webif, PV has it's own webif.

ah i have got it now... thank you:)

Yido
20-06-12, 10:04
What about in customize for either ' Action on Long Button press or ' Action on short Button press ' instead of standby have deep standby because are we all not using more power when the box is in standby other then deep standby?

Rob van der Does
20-06-12, 11:10
What about in customize for either ' Action on Long Button press or ' Action on short Button press ' instead of standby have deep standby because are we all not using more power when the box is in standby other then deep standby?
??
That option is and has always been available :confused:

Yido
20-06-12, 12:40
??
That option is and has always been available :confused:

There's nothing that say's deep standby just standby!

Trial
20-06-12, 13:09
Hi,
there is an option where you can select what shoul happen when you press:
1. power short
2. power long

You can set to standby, deepstandby and power menu

ciao

Yido
20-06-12, 13:26
Hi,
there is an option where you can select what shoul happen when you press:
1. power short
2. power long

You can set to standby, deepstandby and power menu

ciao

Where can I find that, that says deep standby?

Thanks,

Rob van der Does
20-06-12, 14:04
Menu --> Setup --> System --> Customise :

Yido
21-06-12, 07:54
Menu --> Setup --> System --> Customise :

Does Standby mean Deep Standby in this case? or does Standby mean Standby as when you press Menu --> standby/Restart --> there's just plan Standby and there's Deep Standby, Being Standby uses 20 watts and Deep Standby uses 1< Watts ?

Rob van der Does
21-06-12, 08:24
Nope, 'standby' = 'standby' (= 20W - 60W, depending on circumstances)
Choose 'immediate shutdown' (= 'DeepSleep' = 'Off', = <1W)

GiP
21-06-12, 10:07
Hi,

A thing I'd like to see in the new version is to bring back the Picture in Picture while watching a recording. It was there in older versions then disappeared, unless there is a technical reason I'd like to see it again, it was useful....

And the red background for timers in EPG, but this is more of a bugfix.

G

Rob van der Does
21-06-12, 11:00
A thing I'd like to see in the new version is to bring back the Picture in Picture while watching a recording. It was there in older versions then disappeared, unless there is a technical reason I'd like to see it again, it was useful....
This is still available, and AFAIK nothing has been changed there. To activate it: activate PiP during live-TV, and set the desired channel in the PiP-screen. Start a play-back, and the PiP remains unchanged.

And the red background for timers in EPG, but this is more of a bugfix.
The lay-out of EPG is skin-dependant. What skin are you referring to? In Magic-HD (zap-)timers have a distinct different colour.

GiP
21-06-12, 11:47
This is still available, and AFAIK nothing has been changed there. To activate it: activate PiP during live-TV, and set the desired channel in the PiP-screen. Start a play-back, and the PiP remains unchanged.
Ah, I've never tried this. Before it was an option when pressing Blue during play-back then disappeared, and when I asked Andy he said that it was taken out temporarily....

The lay-out of EPG is skin-dependant. What skin are you referring to? In Magic-HD (zap-)timers have a distinct different colour.

I am using a standard updated 2.4 with nothing added (only CCcam) and default skin. Sometimes it shows red but most of the time it doesn't. There was a thread about this...

G

ferdi
04-10-13, 14:20

ferdi
04-10-13, 14:22

Enjoy!
plugin doesn't work on image OE2.0

davewhitaker
04-10-13, 14:59
It would be nice to be able to change the coloured buttons within the graphical epg.

ie page up/down & bouquet list.

I do find some of the button that are regularly used are quite spread out. It would be nice to have all these in the center of the remote..

davewhitaker
04-10-13, 15:00
It would be nice to be able to change the coloured buttons within the graphical epg.

I do find some of the button that are regularly used are quite spread out. It would be nice to have all these in the center of the remote..

Rob van der Does
04-10-13, 15:03
plugin doesn't work on image OE2.0
Which OE2.0 image?

ferdi
04-10-13, 15:32
Which OE2.0 image?
Opendreambox-2.0.0 release-dm7020hd-4.0.0.nfi

Rob van der Does
04-10-13, 16:09
Yeah, indeed, they don't have streaming embedded (as far as I know). For any PLi-based image it should work.
Anyway the plugin you refer to is now 10 months old.

scwheeler
04-10-13, 20:46

Would be very useful as my new harmony remote has no number keys!!! Page up/down tough :)

Rob van der Does
04-10-13, 21:10
Would be very useful as my new harmony remote has no number keys!!! Page up/down tough :)
Then you really bought the wrong one :confused:
For convenient use for an E2-STB a number of (hard-)keys are essential; amongst them are certainly the number and colour keys.