PDA

View Full Version : My Vu+Duo arrived today and it's a counterfeit right?

matty
14-03-12, 03:39
G'day all,
All excited about getting a Vu+Duo. I got it online from Hong Kong. (I live in NZ and no one is selling them here).

It was damaged out of the box with the front display popped out. I popped it back in after opening the cover. No probs.
The plastic is flimsy. The plastic is smelly. The user manual has poor print quality. It has on it which seems to have nothing to do with the real Vu+ company. A sticker on the front tells me not to flash software onto it or I'll damage it. The spinning wheel on the front just seems like it is low quality. It spins, but wobbles. The remote control doesn't have the Vu+ logo on it like the user manual says it should.

The Vix image installed ok, but goes into "Starting..." endlessly.

It's a counterfeit right? I'll take photos if anyone wants to see it. And now to try to get my money back out of them. Yeah right.

Original vu+ duo's aren't flimsy pieces of turd are they? Is their build quality decent? Does the plastic smell funny?

Thanks for any answers and advice.

Larry-G
14-03-12, 04:05
I have removed the url you posted and yes you are correct in your assumption the receiver you have in your possession is a clone. The original Vu+Duo has a exceptionally high build quality. also as it's a clone you should have received a rs232 serial cable with a small printed circuit board, the originals do not ship with these and have no use for them.

silverfox0786
14-03-12, 04:23
sorry to hear of yr misshap

try send it back for a refund and ask world of satellite [our forum sponsor] if he can quote you on shipping to NZ

matty
14-03-12, 05:33
Great - there's a general warning for everyone - don't buy a supposed Vu+ machine from China or Hong Kong. You'll get a counterfeit machine.

stick50jr
14-03-12, 09:26
G'day matty,

I asked WOS about shipping an Ultimo to Oz and they declined. However, maybe you'll get a different answer.

I already have a Duo which I bought from the official Vuplus distributor in Oz (but they don't sell Ultimo unfortunately). They have a special price on the Duo at the moment but probably wouldn't be as cheap as a clone!

I can give you the url of their website if you're interested. Would have to be a pm to avoid contravening forum policy.

Cheers