PDA

View Full Version : EPG update switching to radio mode

spectre289
13-03-12, 18:20
Whenever my EPG updates (which it's scheduled to do every night) it switches my box (which is running ViX) into radio mode. Is there a way of stopping this or to get it to automatically switch back to tv mode afterwards?

Larry-G
13-03-12, 18:52
your using CrossEPG with the OpenTV sources and as such it downloads it's EPG data from the same source as SKY uk does, a radio channel previously known as the "hip hop" channel. so the receiver switching to radio mode is normal behavior when using this setup, which is why it's best to set the EPG download to a time when you know you will not be using the receiver such as early AM.

now why it's staying on the radio channel once populated i'm not too sure about, my own does this sometimes but more often than not it goes right back to it's previous state be that standby or watching tv.

Huevos
14-03-12, 09:36
now why it's staying on the radio channel once populated i'm not too sure about, my own does this sometimes but more often than not it goes right back to it's previous state be that standby or watching tv.That used to happen to me too with the Duo. Here that transponder is very weak at certain times of day and if the download coincides with a time when it is weak, and the receiver is struggling to download the data, it will stick in radio mode.