PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo No Service Found Check Tuner Configuration

newDuo
11-03-12, 15:20
Hi guys,

Just purchased a Vu+ Duo this morning, connected it and everything was working and channels showing.
Suddenly its now giving me an error no service found, check tuner configuration.

What should I be checking really? Sorry no idea how this box works and a basic step by step help would be appreciated.

basilyoung
11-03-12, 21:49
First of all, if previously all was ok, and the unit has not been messed around with, it should be ok still

when the unit starts up, there is a splash image, what does its say,...VIX, BLACKHOLE, or what, ( this is the operating image system )

back to the problem, I would first switch off the unit, and restart it, and see if this sorts the problem

if not, you need to tell us if you are using a fixed dish, or motorized, have you got 2 dishes? are both coax cables connected to the unit, and motor ( one coax ) and the other direct to the lnb

also go menu, setup, service searching,tuner A configuration ( afterwards tuner B configuratiom ) and tell us, what mode its set too

newDuo
12-03-12, 11:50
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.
Restart did the trick.

However, I have when I now go into bouquet and choose favourites only some of the channels show what on now and later. After I select a channel the now and next gets updated.
Is there a way to have this updated

Larry-G
12-03-12, 11:57
depending on how your EPG is setup just manually download the EPG.

if using CrossEPG

menu > setup > system > EPG > CrossEPG > OpenTV > yellow button. This will switch the TV to a radio channel and download the EPG data again. you can also in the CrossEPG configuration settings page set the " show 'force reload' as plugin option to yes. making the reload process far easier by just pressing the blue button from your normal TV viewing then CrossEPG Downloader.

Maxwell
12-03-12, 11:57
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.
Restart did the trick.

However, I have when I now go into bouquet and choose favourites only some of the channels show what on now and later. After I select a channel the now and next gets updated.
Is there a way to have this updated

what you are seeing there is the information coming from the broadcaster which is of course only available from the transponders that your box can currently see and is dependant on LNB polarity and band, You need to configure and download the full epg

newDuo
12-03-12, 12:17
depending on how your EPG is setup just manually download the EPG.

if using CrossEPG

menu > setup > system > EPG > CrossEPG > OpenTV > yellow button. This will switch the TV to a radio channel and download the EPG data again. you can also in the CrossEPG configuration settings page set the " show 'force reload' as plugin option to yes. making the reload process far easier by just pressing the blue button from your normal TV viewing then CrossEPG Downloader.

Thanks! The download worked and now shows the information. I have also changed the 'force reload' to yes. Will this now automatically update the EPG? If not, is there a way to automate this?

newDuo
12-03-12, 12:23
I think I have figured this out. Put, it on autodownload everyday. That should be sufficient for now.

One more thing which is on a completely different note. I am using iDreamX on MAC to connect to DUO. On the LAN I am able to connect without a problem but haven't been lucky using my BT Home HUB IP.
Is there a neat trick to this as well?