PDA

View Full Version : motorized dish won't move west

clippert
11-03-12, 10:10
Hi - i'm in need of a little help.

I have a vu+ duo running vix 2.3 a superior dark motor and a quad lnb.

My dish won't move west. All i need is for it to move to 1° west so that i can start setting it up.

I have kind of eliminated the motor being faulty. The motor moves east and west when using the manual buttons on the motor and also moves east and west when using the remote functions in positioner set up. The goto0 works well.

it won't move west when i select a channel on 1° west or any channel just a little further west. I've been up the ladder and checked. It moves east when i select a channel on any eastern satellites.

I have not set any east and west limits in positioner setup.

I have my positioner set up as follows.

tuner A

Conf mode - simple
Mode - Positioner
long - my long
lat - my lat

this is set up to use USALS.

Tuner B

Conf mode - second cable of motorized lnb

Is there anything i'm doing wrong or is there something i need to do that i'm not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clippert

Huevos
11-03-12, 10:52
Most likely thing is software limits have been set by accident. All you need to do is press the reset button on the motor (have a look in the motor manual).

You should also be able to clear the limits from the positioner screen by going to limits and pressing red, but if you do it direct at the motor you can know for sure it has been done.

clippert
11-03-12, 11:14
Most likely thing is software limits have been set by accident. All you need to do is press the reset button on the motor (have a look in the motor manual).

You should also be able to clear the limits from the positioner screen by going to limits and pressing red, but if you do it direct at the motor you can know for sure it has been done.

Hi - thanks for your reply - I've already set the software limits by mistake and since then have re flashed (tried different images and went back to vix 2.3) the box and re set the motor - since re flashing the box i've made a special effort not to go anywhere the limits buttons!

bella1973
11-03-12, 11:29
right, ive just found this thread as the newest as i cant find where to create a new one, as i am new i am looking for a little advice p[lease anyone?

Sicilian
11-03-12, 11:36
right, ive just found this thread as the newest as i cant find where to create a new one, as i am new i am looking for a little advice p[lease anyone?

Go to the correct section and look for the button that says 'Post New Thread' ;)

Maxwell
11-03-12, 11:38

You need to find the relevant section relating to your reciever and image and ask your question there.

@the OP try updating your satellites.xml file and channel lists

clippert
11-03-12, 11:50
You need to find the relevant section relating to your reciever and image and ask your question there.

@the OP try updating your satellites.xml file and channel lists

I've tried that also - i've uploaded this file Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 West 22.02.2012 for the channels - does this include the satellites.xml file or is this something different?

clippert
11-03-12, 12:51
right - i've moved my dish and motor further round to the east to see if i could swing it around further west than a few degrees west (house wall is about 10° away from the edge of the dish)

seems to be working - motor moves west nicely so i sent it to 30° and then back to 1° west which it does fine - i get up the ladder and check the motor and it is on 0° - no wonder i couldn't get it to move to 1° !

so where do i go from here?

align the dish and motor back due south

use the Positioner fine movement facility on the box to move the motor to 1° west and follow one of the guides on dish set up?

i also checked the position on the motor when i sent it to 28° east and it was set on 30°!

Huevos
12-03-12, 03:25
Clippert what town are you in and what are the co-ordinates you entered in the USALS screen? If you are located at 1ºW longitude and you send the dish to the satellite at 1ºW the motor will send the dish to 0º. So the dish pointing at 0º can be completely normal depending on your location.

Has this dish/motor setup ever worked properly?

BTW the positioner screen is for setting up a positioner, i.e. DiSEqC 1.2 commands, not a USALS motor. Setting up a USALS motor is done in the Tuner Config screen just by entering your co-ordinates.

clippert
12-03-12, 08:16
Clippert what town are you in and what are the co-ordinates you entered in the USALS screen? If you are located at 1ºW longitude and you send the dish to the satellite at 1ºW the motor will send the dish to 0º. So the dish pointing at 0º can be completely normal depending on your location.

Has this dish/motor setup ever worked properly?

BTW the positioner screen is for setting up a positioner, i.e. DiSEqC 1.2 commands, not a USALS motor. Setting up a USALS motor is done in the Tuner Config screen just by entering your co-ordinates.

Hi Huevos, long as follows Longitude: -1.7462° ( i have input this as 358.253 east) so i am pretty much on 1° west so this would explain why the motor doesn't move from to 0? If this is correct then do i just go ahead with the setup?

No - the dish/motor setup has never worked properly. It's completely new dish and motor and this is my first attempt motorized setup. I'm just trying to get my head around how things work before i go ahead and set the dish up properly.

I ordered the box, dish and motor nearly 2 weeks ago and they turned up next day. I ordered a sat meter at the same time which has gone missing in the post - am waiting for the replacement to turn up.

I've spent a lot of time researching this and there are some really good guides out there. I am getting very familiar with the vu+ duo which is a cracking piece of kit.

Maxwell
12-03-12, 11:47
you should input your Longitude as 1.746 West and your Latitude as whatever it is North

Do a factory reset on the motor and the duo

For now set tuner B as Not Configured

Set tuner A to

Simple
Positioner
West
whatever your latitude is
North

now goto 28e then once you have a picture go to a channel on 1w