PDA

View Full Version : tuning channels & they dont save ?

BRAVEHEART
10-03-12, 23:25
Ive been doing a manual scan for a channel and it finds the channel plus couple of others but it doesnt save them to the "ALL" channel list.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong as I cant see anything I am doing wrong, but its got to be something simple surely ?

thanks.

judge
10-03-12, 23:29
are they in the last scanned bouquet?

basilyoung
10-03-12, 23:31
try going all sats in your listings, look for services/providers/new on 28 east...select "new" and the listing you are looking for should be in there

once found,..hilight the required channel, press menu, select move go to your preferred fravs listing, and press ok, the new listing should then be where you can find it

BRAVEHEART
11-03-12, 02:20
sorry i didnt ghet back sooner guys, thanks for your help but none of those suggestions worked at all :(

Maxwell
11-03-12, 10:04
Silverfox did a very good tutorial on how to update/save your new channels using DBEdit, in the meantime

:D:D:D

BRAVEHEART
11-03-12, 21:37
cheers mate, would this be what your talking about here >> http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8060-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28-2E-amp-UK-DTT ?

If so, I was wondering why the channel wont save in the first place like I said in the 1st post, usually they would do with a simple channel scan and then they would appear in the "ALL" channel list, but boxnation doesnt, I need to put the freq etc in manually and it will then find it along with another few channels but I cant see how I save those channels even though they appear right there in the new found channel list, and like I said they defo dont appear in the ALL channel list.

Strange, maybe an image problem possibly ?

Trial
12-03-12, 08:25
Hi,
after scan is complete do you leave the dialog with OK or EXIT? Another possibility is that you flash is full. Take a look with telnet and df and look for the / mount.

ciao

Maxwell
12-03-12, 09:06
I meant this one http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

Huevos
12-03-12, 14:37
Check the channel type in DBedit. It maybe flagged as data.

BRAVEHEART
12-03-12, 23:29
Hi,
after scan is complete do you leave the dialog with OK or EXIT? Another possibility is that you flash is full. Take a look with telnet and df and look for the / mount.

ciao

whats df mate ?

BRAVEHEART
12-03-12, 23:34
@ the other guys and Trial also, thanks:)

But shouldnt it save the channel in the ALL CHANNEL list after a scan, ive always found this worked before ?

Would my channel scanning memory be full on a vu+duo with a hard drive fitted ? I dont know, just a question I thought I would throw in the mix.

If so, then how do I clear that memory as its something I have never ever done before, never needed too, please advise, cheers ?

Trial
13-03-12, 08:41
Hi,
of course should the box save your channel scan in all channels but the flash might be full. So connect to your box with telnet and enter the command df. You will see a table with all your mounts and one line is for the root (mount /) and when this shows 98 or 99% you might have a problem because you flash is full.

ciao

pooface
13-03-12, 10:04
As Huevos said, it could be that the channel flag is set as Data, not TV. If that is the case, it will not show up as a TV channel in the All... You will need to manually add it to a bouquet in dbedit...

BRAVEHEART
14-03-12, 00:25
ok trial, pooface and Huevos , I shall need to try what you guys say as this must be the correct info as its defo not happening for me. thanks.

(i have thanked you all too)

pooface
14-03-12, 08:50
ok trial, pooface and Huevos , I shall need to try what you guys say as this must be the correct info as its defo not happening for me. thanks.

(i have thanked you all too)

Post the transponder settings here, then we can try them and let you know whether we have the same problem?!

Sent with Tapatalk

BRAVEHEART
15-03-12, 01:11
Post the transponder settings here, then we can try them and let you know whether we have the same problem?!

Sent with Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I dont understand sorry, how do I show you the transponder settings If the channel wont save ?

Trial
15-03-12, 08:36
Hi,
at least you should know a channel you would like to be saved we can search for the transponder then.

ciao

Huevos
15-03-12, 09:10
Ive been doing a manual scan for a channel and it finds the channel plus couple of others but it doesnt save them to the "ALL" channel list.Can you see why every time you start a thread it turns into an epic?

I dont understand sorry,
Here's what you should have posted so you could have got some relevant help straight away:

Ive been doing a manual scan for "BBC1" (for example). The parameters I used for the search were, 28E, DVB-S2, QPSK, 10847 V 23000 8/9. It finds the channel plus couple of others but it doesnt save them to the "ALL" channel list.

In future please supply all the relevant information when you are starting a thread.

BRAVEHEART
16-03-12, 02:45
ok

boxnation,28E,DVB-S2,FREQ -11585 H 27500 2/3

it then finds boxnation and some more channels but after that as I mentioned its not saving to the "ALL" channel list where they would all normally show up, infact normally I dont even need to even do a manual scan, always just an auto scan works fine, but for some reason not with this channel, I checked in the last scanned folder and a few other places too but its just not listed.

I presume that it is there somewhere if its saying scan done and channel found, but like I say, just cant find it :(

Hope that is the info you were needing :)

BRAVEHEART
16-03-12, 05:29
:confused:, maybe those freq's etc I posted are wrong as I just tried them again and now I cant find any of those channels including boxnation, hmmm, strange, I got them from a website that I believed to be one that lots of people use for freq's etc but I didnt want to post a link up in here for obvious reasons.

But anyway, now I cant find the channels at all after being able to find them earlier with those details, there again maybe I entered something In differently from before, I cant remember now, sure its correct though, but obviously cant be.

Ohh well, back to the drawing board, lol.

Huevos
16-03-12, 10:46
now I cant find the channels at all after being able to find them earlier with those details, there again maybe I entered something In differently from before, I cant remember now, sure its correct though, but obviously cant be.That transponder works fine for me. Maybe someone has adjusted you dish and cocked it up. :D

BRAVEHEART
17-03-12, 00:50
That transponder works fine for me. Maybe someone has adjusted you dish and cocked it up. :D

LOL, yea at 3am or summit mate on a communal fixed dish, lmao, I know your just having a laugh but nah, it stopped finding the channel in question, now you have confirmed that the details I gave you are correct make it even stranger, hmmm :confused:

I will try it again later and see what happens.

BRAVEHEART
20-03-12, 20:03
Ok update,

No chance was the channel saving and then it started not finding it at all, so with the help of a mate whos a member on here we reflashed the box and all that stuff and then used his channel line up and thats it sorted now, boxnation is there, job done :)

We had lots of problems getting dream edit to work, tried various versions too and still it just wouldnt connect to the box yet it used to before, but anyway FlashFXP worked a treat, so thanks to that man its all done now, cant wait till the new edition of VIX comes out so that I can have fun and games again, hehehehhee.

Cheers mate :) (dont want to mention your username incase you didnt want me to, so I wont).