PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 2.3 on startup service every morning

dankingmanutd
10-03-12, 21:34
Hey, I am after a little help. I am using Vix 2.3 and am very happy with the image, however, I have my epg set to download once a day at 05.45. This all seems to work ok but I put the box into standby of an evening and by the morning, it's on and on my startup service. Either that or the vix logo is spinning very slowly in top left corner. Is this normal or have I something set incorrectly ? Any help would be really appreciated.

guff daddy
10-03-12, 21:43
I (and quite a few others) have the same issue. Can I ask - is your startup service a satellite service or is it DTT?

dankingmanutd
10-03-12, 21:50
Hey, it is ITV 1 HD (free to air). Why do you ask ?

guff daddy
10-03-12, 22:06
Because I have a Nova-T stick for Irish DTT and I only get the "VIX logo spinning" problem when I have one of the DTT channels set as startup (which I normally do, as this means the 7 day EPG for the DTT channels is populated automatically). If I set the startup channel to BBC HD or any satellite channel I don't have the hang problem at all.

However whatever the channel is set to, it is definite that my box restarts at some stage during the night. Other posts on this seem to indicate it is the EPG download - however I have a single satellite (28.2) and I use CrossEPG to download the OpenTV info (set to download every hour while in standby)

judge
10-03-12, 22:14
Because I have a Nova-T stick for Irish DTT and I only get the "VIX logo spinning" problem when I have one of the DTT channels set as startup (which I normally do, as this means the 7 day EPG for the DTT channels is populated automatically). If I set the startup channel to BBC HD or any satellite channel I don't have the hang problem at all.

I have the same stick for Irish DTT. I rarely boot the box to these channels though, always the last channel viewed.
However, my EPG on all these channels stays populated all the time.

However whatever the channel is set to, it is definite that my box restarts at some stage during the night. Other posts on this seem to indicate it is the EPG download - however I have a single satellite (28.2) and I use CrossEPG to download the OpenTV info (set to download every hour while in standby)

Why would you set it to download every hour while in standby? surely once a day is enough?

guff daddy
11-03-12, 13:52
Why would you set it to download every hour while in standby? surely once a day is enough?

Why not? It's an option that has always worked for me and keeps the EPG more up to date than just downloading once a day.