PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo+ vix 2.3 system freeze and lose epg on channel change after period of dormancy

danped
09-03-12, 20:59
Hi,

I have vix 2.3. Each day when I first come to change the channel after it hasn't been changed for a long time I press the channel number IO want and the box oes to the vix bootup screen, the resoloution seems to change so I see only the top left corner of the botup screen but up close, any recordings happening stop then after a miute or two a channel comes on, (not usually the one I selected) the recording restarts and then eveything works fine except for the fact the epg is missing and I have to reload it.

I suspect it is something to do with the timeshift settings? but I didn't have this problem on vix 2.2 with the sme settings. I have tried a reflash of 2.3 but I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to stop it?

Thanks.

punisher
09-03-12, 21:30
how many sources do you use for epg? and where are they stored although shouldnt make much difference

danped
09-03-12, 23:26
Stored on USB stick, I have 2 sources set up opentv and rytec.

punisher
09-03-12, 23:38
any plugins installed?

danped
10-03-12, 00:19
If I hold down blue the list says,
CrossEPG
MediaPlayer
MediaScanner
Openwebif
Pictureplayer

I know I have installed cccam. I think that is all.

Sicilian
10-03-12, 08:09
Re-initialize your USB Stick. Menu > setup > initialize. To view progress > Exit out of all screens > Press blue button > Select the progress and press ok. Once initialize check its mounted to /media/usb and reboot.

Now setup Crossepg as per here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images
Use XEPGDB Source for Rytec sources, they're faster.

danped
10-03-12, 20:28
ok - Thanks - I have given this a go and hope it sorts me out. I'll post back tomorrow when I;ve tested it.