PDA

View Full Version : Satmate EPG

Stanman
11-08-10, 20:45
I have this in 1.3.3F to auto download but it rarely does, and when I do it manually it quite often crashes.
Any one else having the same problems?

MyB5
11-08-10, 21:34
I have this in 1.3.3F to auto download but it rarely does, and when I do it manually it quite often crashes.
Any one else having the same problems?

Same here m8. It crashes most of the time, manually and auto does'nt matter, same probs. maybe the usb stick is the problem, reading data to slow.
I bought the Vu+ Duo because "it could'nt crash, very stable"...lot of bull....

pooface
11-08-10, 21:40
Wasn't crashing for me when I was trying it the last few days...

Stanman
11-08-10, 22:05
whats your settings, am right that you have opentv disabled?

I used rytec before and that was no problem on a pli image

basilyoung
11-08-10, 22:07
going to add that the rytec set up is very good

baz

regards to crashes, I so far have not had a single crash,

pooface
11-08-10, 23:03
whats your settings, am right that you have opentv disabled?

I used rytec before and that was no problem on a pli image

Going off memory here...

Had it set in global settings with the opentv disabled, saving to usb stick.

In the satmate, had it set to download at 5.30am.

Only had satmate set to download...

Sicilian
12-08-10, 06:15
Try re-booting then do a manual update.

If that works ok setup a cron job to reboot your receiver before its set to update the EPG.

Stanman
12-08-10, 21:16
Going off memory here...

Had it set in global settings with the opentv disabled, saving to usb stick.

In the satmate, had it set to download at 5.30am.

Only had satmate set to download...
Got it to download at 3.20Am but still no joy.

I do a reboot and it still does not doe it. Today I had 3 crashes before it installede. It bloody annoying as I had DE before and it worked mostly fine.

MyB5
13-08-10, 00:34
Same here. It crashed 2 out of 3 times today when I tried to download epg data...

malcolm159
13-08-10, 08:47
Mine crashes when doing a manual download but box reboots and then if you downlaod again it seems to work ok,auto download used to crash and had to switch box off and then back on using DH e not latest version .
Regards Malcolm

Stanman
13-08-10, 08:53
is there anything personal info in the crash log and is it worth posting here for the experts to have a look?

dfdream
13-08-10, 09:11
Agree with the guys above...

Rytec EPG is a better option IMHO.

Very stable and downloads (auto or manual) never crashed.

BTW Im on PLi.

guff daddy
13-08-10, 11:20
Agree with the guys above...

Rytec EPG is a better option IMHO.

Very stable and downloads (auto or manual) never crashed.

BTW Im on PLi.
The performance of the Rytec EPG download is good however the data in the EPG itself is not. The names of programmes and movies are screwed up, the names of series can change from one week to the next (which makes a nonsense of trying to use
Autotimer or similar) and I've often seen the program details included in the program title by mistake.

Have you tried using the OpenTV import of the Sky UK EPG. It works quite well although it is slow - however if you are running it at 5.00am or whatever there shouldn't be a problem.

pooface
13-08-10, 11:33
The performance of the Rytec EPG download is good however the data in the EPG itself is not. The names of programmes and movies are screwed up, the names of series can change from one week to the next (which makes a nonsense of trying to use
Autotimer or similar) and I've often seen the program details included in the program title by mistake.

Have you tried using the OpenTV import of the Sky UK EPG. It works quite well although it is slow - however if you are running it at 5.00am or whatever there shouldn't be a problem.

How are you importing the opentv on the vu duo? Assume by using the dream-elite image?! Or do you have another way!?

Also, in regards to the rytec download, gotta agree with you there. I also find that because the descriptions are taken from the radiotimes website, they are rubbish. Never liked the descriptions from the radiotimes website. Or, if they're not from rt website, these descriptions are still rubbish :p. Only good thing compared to the opentv/satmate, is that it more often tells when programmes are repeats, whereas the opentv/satmate does not...

Another thing regarding the comment above, the opentv (at least with the dream-elite image), is faster than rytec from what I've noticed...

guff daddy
13-08-10, 16:27
Yep, using DE 1.3.3F (as is the OP)

One of the main reasons I have stayed with DE is the option of using the OpenTV EPG - it is an alternative to the Satmate XML download (which is my main EPG source). Like others, I have recently found that the Satmate download crashes and causes problems. I have also found that the Open TV occasionally doesn't work.

My configuration is that I have the box set to reboot at around 3.00am. At 3.10am I've scheduled a Satmate XML download. At 6.00am I have scheduled a Sky UK OpenTV EPG download.

The data in both EPGs is the same and generally one or the other works (I'm never sure which...). I only have a single position sat on 28.2E - if I have a motorised/multiple SAT setup I think the Rytec EPG is probably the better option.

BTW I also use the script which saves the EPG and reuses on reboot - I believe the DE team dropped this from the image as it caused instability so I wonder whether this is the cause of the current problems. Are any of the original posters using this script?

Stanman
14-08-10, 15:53
No script used.