PDA

View Full Version : Very poor sound quality

bertros
06-03-12, 22:41
Recently upgraded to vix release 2.3. The sound during quiet periods of a ac3 audio is a muffled noise. Anyone experience this?

Sound out of a HDMI to t.v even worse sound out of the phono sockets.

Any advise appreciated.

Sicilian
07-03-12, 06:20
Checkout your setup, ALL other images use the same drivers and openpli base, this is NOT an image issue but a user setup issue.

Rob van der Does
07-03-12, 08:02
Checkout your setup, ALL other images use the same drivers and openpli base, this is NOT an image issue but a user setup issue.
Agree, never had any sound issues.

Zartmy
07-03-12, 08:29
Agree, never had any sound issues.

No offence Rob, but thats not really useful. Thats exactly what everyone said when i started investigate my problem with USB sticks.

Sicilian
07-03-12, 08:36
No offence Rob, but thats not really useful. Thats exactly what everyone said when i started investigate my problem with USB sticks.

He was agreeing with my statement, its not an image issue but a user setup issue. Also this is only complaint about audio issue with ET9x00.

Rob van der Does
07-03-12, 08:37
No offence Rob, but thats not really useful.
Hmm, it should be, as I thereby say go the way Sicilian suggested.

Edit: LOL, Sicilian beat me again......

Zartmy
07-03-12, 09:20
Recently upgraded to vix release 2.3. The sound during quiet periods of a ac3 audio is a muffled noise. Anyone experience this?

Sound out of a HDMI to t.v even worse sound out of the phono sockets.

Any advise appreciated.

Just a thought, have you enabled ac3 downmix by any chance?

bertros
07-03-12, 11:14
Ok thanks, so no previous experience of issues. I will keep looking at the set up, thanks for the tip on AC3 down mix