PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Can't install fan control 2

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 19:54
Hi,

I am trying to install fan control 2 but getting issues. I have gone to manage extensions and trying to install from there.

Although I select it and say install, it does all the install but at the end it says packages deleted or installed is 0 with no errors?

I am not even able to delete fan control in case that was causing an issue.

Thanks

Sicilian
06-03-12, 20:13
Why do you want fan control 2? Whats wrong with fan control already installed in VIX?

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 20:17
Nothing wrong just wanted more control just like I did with my dm800. Is it by design on image that we can't uninstall or install fan control2. I mean also making sure my box is not faulty, just got it so getting used to it and setting up one thing at a time

Sicilian
06-03-12, 20:21
Tbh, not sure if fan control 2 is compatible with VIx or not, I'll check with dev's.

Sicilian
06-03-12, 20:22
Not compatible with Duo.

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 20:25
thanks for confirming and letting me know so i dont waste time getting it to work. :)

silverfox0786
13-03-12, 22:59
it only works in extrend if you got a fan installed and even then fan control is better imo

pacha2
24-10-13, 14:11
Do you know if either fancontrol or fancontrol2 compatible with ViX 3.0?

They do install but I can't them listed anywhere, but I do receive an error when I install fancontrol.
Some Plugins are not available:
Extensions/FanControl (no module named FanControl.plugin)

Rob van der Does
24-10-13, 22:02
The version of Fancontroll2 that is available via the ViX-feeds is compatible with ViX; I have it running on all my boxes.
But a box needs to have sensors to be able to work with Fancontroll2: the DUO doesn't have one.

The feeds should tell you: if it's on the feeds of a box, the box can use it (but it's easy for us to have made a mistake in that area: if so tell us please).

pacha2
25-10-13, 16:05
OK, so perhaps I've made a mistake here...
My box was getting hot so I wanted to check the fan status, and make sure it is on.
I then installed fancontrol

oot@vuduo:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fancontrol
Installing enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fancontrol (git538+b048f5d-r85) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuduo/vuduo/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fancontrol_git538+b048f5d-r85_vuduo.ipk.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fancontrol.

But now on startup my box says
"Box has now fancontrol hardware -> FC2 deactivated"
Where should the standard ViX Fancontrol settings be shown? I couldn't see them! I'm on 3.0 Build 726 (I think it is from memory), but perhaps by installing the other plugin has broken something.
How should I revert to the standard ViX fancontrol settings?

Rob van der Does
25-10-13, 16:11
In ViX the fan control is embedded. It has only a very limited functionality: it allows you to switch off (or to intermittent on/off) the fan during standby. when the box is on or in standby and making a recording the fan will always be on. The fan can only run at a fixed speed.

If you have de-installed the plugin it is available form the feeds. If none is installed, the fan will always be on (i.e. running at max speed).

Please do not try to install any other fan-plugin on the DUO as it won't work.

There's actually only one way to check the status of the fan, and that's physical (feel/hear/look/candle).

pacha2
25-10-13, 16:57
Thanks so should I just re-install fancontrol?
And then where is the setting found - is it in Plugins? or a system setting?

pacha2
26-10-13, 19:17
I had no joy so reflashed, now on VIX 767.

Now the standard fancontrol setting appears but how can I make the fan remain on in standby?

I can only see on/off and timed

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
26-10-13, 20:46
I can only see on/off and timed
That are the setting sthat refer to the status in standby. So set to 'On'.