PDA

View Full Version : AAF Hot Summer Image VU+ Duo - Chat

pooface
11-08-10, 14:46
Well, Sic has posted the new (and first) 1.6 oe based image over here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1660-AAF-Hot-Summer-Image-VU-Duo).

Just creating this chat for it. Wondered if anyone had had a chance to have a play with it yet? Looks a shame that they haven't mentioned any epg downloading for it. Since it's oe1.6, not sure whether rytec will work on it...

So, if anyone has any info they wanna share regarding this image, whether they've tried it or not, then please post here.

Really tempted to give it a go, but know I'll get stick from the missus for spending more time playing with the box, rather than watching it again...

Sicilian
11-08-10, 14:49
I think Rytec EPG can be installed on it with a little coding. Maybe Andyblac has some info on this?

Sicilian
11-08-10, 14:56
Just found this on Rytec.be, might work on the VU+ OE 1.6 image, its meant for Dreambox Gemini OE1.6 image: -

For Gemini users with version 5 or higher (OE1.6 VERSION) :
Copy the xmltv-importer plugin to the directory /tmp
Open a Telnet session to your dreambox, use therefor DCC or Putty or a DOSbox.
In this Telnet session type the following commands :
# cd /tmp [enter]
# ipkg install python-compression* [enter]
# ipkg install enigm
# [TAB]
# --nodeps [enter]
# mkdir /etc/epgimport [enter]
Now copy the rytec.sources.xml with FTP to the directory /etc/epgimport

Any ideas what meant by the [TAB] ?

sacha35
11-08-10, 15:20
Just installed, cannot seem to find where to download softcam’s though, all look good apart from EPG as mentioned already.

Sicilian
11-08-10, 15:24
Just installed, cannot seem to find where to download softcam’s though, all look good apart from EPG as mentioned already.

Press blue button, might be in there.

sacha35
11-08-10, 15:29
Press blue button, might be in there.

Had a good look though the setup, the blue button is only assigned to bouquet at the moment, now where to download softcam, (well not that I can find) will keep looking though

Sicilian
11-08-10, 15:33
Try Redkey for AAF panel

+ RedKey Action (Default/AAF-Panel)

sacha35
11-08-10, 15:36
Thanks sic, just found it

Sicilian
11-08-10, 15:47
Thanks sic, just found it

Was it in Red button menu?

khan
11-08-10, 16:53
hi all
any one tested to see if youtube working

cheers

sacha35
11-08-10, 18:33
Try Redkey for AAF panel

I found it in the menu button then AAF panel, just uninstalled this one though as I could not get CCCam working.

May be something I was doing wrong but tried 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4, nothing worked, even with reboots.

I liked the fell of the new build and think it will be very good once a few bugs have been sorted

grtmoby
11-08-10, 19:01
i managed to get it using IE8 but if using Firefox whenever i try to download it i get the message:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Sicilian
11-08-10, 19:37
i managed to get it using IE8 but if using Firefox whenever i try to download it i get the message:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Downloads fine here with Firefox.

satmanbasil
11-08-10, 22:26
Hi mate

Does the image have a download panel to enable download of CCcam which will load into the right file after which u can go in and find it and just exchange your cfg file . If my experience of the kathrein with AAF images is anything to go by the nameing the file is the problem and that files are located in bin...emu and etc.

regards
satmanbasil

satmanbasil
11-08-10, 23:33
Hi mates

I just loaded this image to try and CCcam works fine

In Var/Bin CCcam_2.1.4

In Var/Ect CCcam214.emu

In Var/Keys CCcam.cfg - channel -provider and prio

Make sure you chmod 755 the files and away u go

If you press blue button then add on manager and ok you can download emu direct into box plus skins etc hope this works for you
Nice bright graphics very fast and utube works ...cool

regards
satmanbasil

Sicilian
12-08-10, 06:09
Anyone tried installing the Rytec EPG plugin yet? http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1661-AAF-Hot-Summer-Image-VU-Duo-Chat&p=9993&viewfull=1#post9993

canthackit
12-08-10, 13:20
this image is just about to be uninstalled from my box.

although they have updated some of the programs, not all of them.

to many words have not been translated into the english language.

CCcam 2.1.4 dont work (and yes i did 755 all the relevent files)

no CCcan info download avaliable.

thats enough to be going on with.

Oh yeah! and why did they change around the up/down cursor, and channel selection, why not just leave well alone and as every other image has always done it as the norm i include dreambox's in the category.

so as you might have guessed this aint my fav image.

regards: canrthackit

tomthebomb1968
12-08-10, 15:58
Your doing something wrong CCcam works perfect. Its different from other images, you need to put your CCcam.cfg in keys folder not etc folder.

VU+CCcaminfo is downloadable from the Addons Panel

grtmoby
12-08-10, 15:59
@ canthackit

r u sure u chmod all 3 files and then started cccam in the aaf panel. cccam info is available and downloaded here

dfdream
12-08-10, 16:08
All,

Going to be really lazy here.
Can someone that has the image loaded and has the basic bits added on to it and working take a backup and upload it to this site. It would cover ground faster than us all learning the same lessons over and over again.

Ta

Sicilian
12-08-10, 16:20
All,

Going to be really lazy here.
Can someone that has the image loaded and has the basic bits added on to it and working take a backup and upload it to this site. It would cover ground faster than us all learning the same lessons over and over again.

Ta

Please note that any images with cams/emu pre-installed will be removed as this is not what image makers want. Alternatively upload to rapidshare or similar.

canthackit
12-08-10, 16:44
Your doing something wrong CCcam works perfect. Its different from other images, you need to put your CCcam.cfg in keys folder not etc folder.

VU+CCcaminfo is downloadable from the Addons Panel

yep put it in /etc :rolleyes:

canthackit
12-08-10, 16:46
@ canthackit

r u sure u chmod all 3 files and then started cccam in the aaf panel. cccam info is available and downloaded here

yeah mate
i 755'd all 3 of them, see my other reply for what i did wrong :D

too late anyway i've put the VTI image on, didn't like the AAF image anyway.

regards: canthackit

pooface
12-08-10, 19:45
yeah mate
i 755'd all 3 of them, see my other reply for what i did wrong :D

too late anyway i've put the VTI image on, didn't like the AAF image anyway.

Too late, you've moved to the gigant image (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1630-I-ve-got-another-Media-Plyer-problem&p=10155&viewfull=1#post10155) already now. I'd hate to be waiting for you to go out on a night out. Worse than a woman changing your outfit so often :p hehe

satmanbasil
12-08-10, 21:42
Hi mate

My past experience with AAF images and the kathrein i can understand where your commin from however as i reported you can download CCcam 2.14 in download section which for some reason they had placed under blue button add on manager. When i first loaded up this image and went to plugins and pressed green button to only find 3 choices I too was about to reinstall VTi but then i thought how AAf was in the kathrein and started looking around until i found it.
Its inportant that the file name is correct or it will not boot ... CCcam_2.1.4 like this and that you have in var/ect the CCcam214.emu

Maybe your take a second look at some stage the skin that comes with it is bright and bold bit also the brush chrome image is cool. I may intime return to VTI because of multiboot but for now i will enjoy this image.

regards
satmanbasil

BuKandar83
14-08-10, 00:17
Just found this on Rytec.be, might work on the VU+ OE 1.6 image, its meant for Dreambox Gemini OE1.6 image: -

For Gemini users with version 5 or higher (OE1.6 VERSION) :
Copy the xmltv-importer plugin to the directory /tmp
Open a Telnet session to your dreambox, use therefor DCC or Putty or a DOSbox.
In this Telnet session type the following commands :
# cd /tmp [enter]
# ipkg install python-compression* [enter]
# ipkg install enigm
# [TAB]
# --nodeps [enter]
# mkdir /etc/epgimport [enter]
Now copy the rytec.sources.xml with FTP to the directory /etc/epgimport

Any ideas what meant by the [TAB] ?

hi my friend Sicilian

I Tried to solve this puzzle "i know this is from Rytec site" with no Success

See....

forget [TAB] thing .. it's Meaningles

first i unzip all python packages and it will be install in /usr/lib/python2.5 with chomd 644 and 755 for zlib.so

then install main Rytec package .....

ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport_1.0-r20_mipsel.ipk

with this command will not install the file you'll got an error message !! So

you have to write this command

ipkg install --nodeps /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport_1.0-r20_mipsel.ipk

Now we installed all files but when we open the plugin browser will get a message tills us there are a missing gzip.pyc but we installed it in /usr/lib/python2.5 !!

and the EPGImport does not shown in plugin browser !!

that All what i did, hope we get Rytec plugin in vu+ Coz it useless without it

canthackit
14-08-10, 13:48
Too late, you've moved to the gigant image (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1630-I-ve-got-another-Media-Plyer-problem&p=10155&viewfull=1#post10155) already now. I'd hate to be waiting for you to go out on a night out. Worse than a woman changing your outfit so often :p hehe

yep

i drive me mate and me peers loopy, keep rebooting, i works out i don't have an image on me box for more than a week. either that or it's tweak this tweak that, tweak tweak tweak, i never leave well alone :D

since the last post i've had VTI, then AAF again, now i'm back to Gigant :rolleyes:

Oh well gotta go Media Player needs tweaking:D:D

guff daddy
15-08-10, 12:34
yep

i drive me mate and me peers loopy,

I had a CubeRevo for about 4 months and I can honestly say I don't think I got a trouble-free nights viewing with it. If you think constant tweaking makes your mates/peers unhappy, try it when you have a wife and 2 kids :eek:

Vu+ Duo saved my marriage!

canthackit
15-08-10, 13:46
LOL

you know where i'm coming from though mate :D

grtmoby
15-08-10, 13:50
is there any addon/plugin that enable you to do full image backup to hdd or usb like that on DE.

pooface
15-08-10, 21:29
is there any addon/plugin that enable you to do full image backup to hdd or usb like that on DE.

Which image you using?

I'm using the script from the de image to save on to usb on a 5.0 based image, and works fine for me (well, takes the backup fine, not needed to restore it yet though :p)

grtmoby
15-08-10, 23:15
i am using AAF image. if possible will you upload the script for me and any special instructions needed.

thanks in advance :)

Sicilian
16-08-10, 08:11
i am using AAF image. if possible will you upload the script for me and any special instructions needed.

Here you go ;)

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?262-Image-Backup-Scripts-for-VU-DUO-Dream-Elite-images-only

pooface
16-08-10, 09:20

Helps if I read the thread title... hehe :p

Anyway, as Sic posted above. Use that. Just extract all the archives on the pc, ftp the /usr/script/Image_Backup.sh (or whatever it's called) to the same dir on the vu, and change the permissions to 755... Worked for me, but as I said, not tried restoring the backup...

grtmoby
16-08-10, 11:36
thank you guys
i did as said but can't find it in any menu.... how can i use it :confused:

pooface
16-08-10, 15:14
Another thing i forgot to say, is you need the relevant files also on the /media/usb or /media/hdd. Also chmod to 755 (might not be needed, but not 100% sure).

Then, telnet in to the box and issue the command:

/usr/script/Image_Backup.sh

Not sure if the Image_Backup.sh is the correct name, as can't remember... But should work if done all that correctly...

grtmoby
16-08-10, 15:23
worked perfectly :D