PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay seller, selling cloned Vu's as originals

Larry-G
05-03-12, 22:36
Came across this on another forum.

This guy is advertising the units as the real thing and includes photos to back that up. however when the box arrives to the horror of the buyer they receive a clone. So far he has 2 negative feedback reports and had another sale closed down by ebay for the same listing.

so you know what to do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-Duo-Twin-Tuner-HD-LATEST-PRODUCT-CHEAPEST-EBAY-/260969660744?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item3cc3010148#ht_1938wt_1413

Stanman
05-03-12, 22:45
Fooker is flashing them with vix as well:mad:

Mr. Mister
05-03-12, 23:10
Unfortunitly its very easy to flash whatever image you want to a clone now..

Even the ones with the very latest 3.1.1 kernal..

Its a damn shame that they can get away with it..

Sicilian
06-03-12, 09:46
Came across this on another forum.

This guy is advertising the units as the real thing and includes photos to back that up. however when the box arrives to the horror of the buyer they receive a clone. So far he has 2 negative feedback reports and had another sale closed down by ebay for the same listing.

so you know what to do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-Duo-Twin-Tuner-HD-LATEST-PRODUCT-CHEAPEST-EBAY-/260969660744?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item3cc3010148#ht_1938wt_1413

I've reported this f**king scamming git many times to ebay, but they never remove it, now quite a number of people have been scammed! People never learn do they, you get what you pay for!

mcquaim
06-03-12, 09:57
Lads, how are you spotting from these Photo's that it is a clone?

Perhaps the price is too low to be genuine?

Sandman
06-03-12, 10:00

I don't think you will....the guy even claims its not a clone! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its people who get stung who are reporting back to forums!

Unfortunately people never learn and in this case saving a few quid really just isn't worth the hassle!

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 10:17
but i guess there must be something with the box which although he claims is genuine is not once it is received. I think what people need to know is how to determine exactly which box is genuine and which is clone. Currently from what i am seeing it is hard as the clones have been built quite well. I think in order for people not to be scammed there should be something on it i.e. easier ways of detecting.

Sandman
06-03-12, 10:23
but i guess there must be something with the box which although he claims is genuine is not once it is received. I think what people need to know is how to determine exactly which box is genuine and which is clone. Currently from what i am seeing it is hard as the clones have been built quite well. I think in order for people not to be scammed there should be something on it i.e. easier ways of detecting.

Ah right..I was assuming people had seen this -

http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/100-caution-vu-clone

There are a few small differences but to make sure, just buy from a reputable source!

Sicilian
06-03-12, 10:26
Price is the biggest give away. Also look for things included in the sale such as RS232 lead and board ;)

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 10:29
Ah right..I was assuming people had seen this -

http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/100-caution-vu-clone

There are a few small differences but to make sure, just buy from a reputable source!

This is for the Solo not DUO which this guy is selling.

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 10:32
Price is the biggest give away. Also look for things included in the sale such as RS232 lead and board ;)

Yeah i know few other people who bought this (not this seller but different) i think the seller was cheeky as he didnt provide the RS232 lead and board to make it look as a genuine although it seems they think it is a clone although they are not 100% sure they say.

I know one of them received external cable for the HDD whereas from the same seller one of them received one which was already in there i guess thats how the originals come.

Sandman
06-03-12, 11:17
This is for the Solo not DUO which this guy is selling.

:mad: The differences will be similar given its the same company cloning them both...seriously....

wazza_2
06-03-12, 18:33
is this a clone as it very very cheap

Larry-G
06-03-12, 18:37
is this a clone as it very very cheap

yes it's a clone. look at the listed box contents, Highlighted in red.

Box Contents:
VU+ Duo
VU+ Duo Remote Control + Batteries
VU+ Duo Manual (English)
RS232 Board + RS232 Cable
HDMI Cable

wazza_2
06-03-12, 18:39
what board should they have ?

Larry-G
06-03-12, 18:57
None at all. The RS232 board is only used for clones to load the so called IC Security update, enabling cloned receivers to use newer Linux Kernel 3.1.1 images.

a original has no use what so ever for this board.

Maxwell
06-03-12, 18:59
you know what to do next ;)

markus625
06-03-12, 20:22
This guys taking a risk isnt he puting his telephone number on the listing and saying you can pick it up, perhaps a VU+ company guy should pay him a visit.

punisher
06-03-12, 20:31
get the feds round there :mad:

markus625
06-03-12, 20:35
get the feds round there :mad:

I wonder if someones phoned him yet.:mad:

markus625
06-03-12, 20:38
I wonder if i sprayed my Duo a nice silver color, i could pass it off as a special.

Stanman
06-03-12, 21:08

The negative feedback, two feedbacks and both complaining their clones