PDA

View Full Version : Where is fdisk in VIX 2.3 ?

mrmad1966
05-03-12, 18:58
Folks, my duo freezes, disconnecting the hard drive seems to resolve my problems. However, when I telnet into the box and issue fdisk I am told fdisk not found.. :-(
Anyone know why ?

I really want to setup fresh partition/format etc the old way !

Zartmy
05-03-12, 19:02
VIX uses sfdisk as standard, you can add fdisk by installing the package
opkg install util-linux-ng-fdisk

Sicilian
05-03-12, 19:03
Re-Initialize the HDD, menu > setup > system > harddisk. Press blue button to view format progress.

mrmad1966
05-03-12, 19:10
Thank you both.... I have re initialized but it did not resolve the freezing issues so I want to do it manually !

Bowz
05-03-12, 19:14
How about putting the disk in your linux server and formatting it that way, bonny lad :)

Sicilian
05-03-12, 19:16
Thank you both.... I have re initialized but it did not resolve the freezing issues so I want to do it manually !

Are you sure its initialized correctly? Did you let it complete? Once initializing, exit out of all screens and press blue button to view progress. Once complete check its mounted correctly in mount manager.

How exactly is it freezing? Provide full info please.

Zartmy
06-03-12, 10:08
How about putting the disk in your linux server and formatting it that way, bonny lad :)

Thats not a good idee, Enigma2 adds some extra options when formating the disk to coop with the amount of memory in the box. If you have a larger disk and dont use them you wont be able to run fsck on the disk without setting up swapspace. (and with swapspace fsck will be incredible slow)

Zartmy
06-03-12, 10:11
Mrmad 1966 is it an USB memory your having problem with ?