PDA

View Full Version : please help *E2Skinner*

SS200
11-08-10, 12:24
hello
I used E2Skinner 2.05 to modify skin "DMConcinnity-HD"

when i finished modify what the other step ?!!

how can I convert skin files to *.ipk

or what can I do to apply change

I have VTI image and Windows xp

can any one help me ?

thanks

dfdream
11-08-10, 14:28
You dont really need to create an IPK file.

You FTP it to the DMConcinnity-HD folder in the skins folder on the receiver. (cant think of exact folder I think its usr/share/enigma2/

If you only edited the skin (didnt add any new files to the local DMConcinnity-HD folder where you edited with e2skinner) and only edited layout or added / deleted items then all you need to do is copy the skin.xml file only to the root of usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD and restart.

If you gave it a major facelift then copy the contents of DMConcinnity-HD folder from your PC to usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD.

Note if you image or update the skin with updates your changes get overwritten and you need to copy them back again.

One piece of advice from experience if you copy over updates to a skin (especially just the skin.xml) rename the usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD\skin.xml in case you edited the skin wrongly and it gets caught in a green screen reboot loop.

In your ftp program rename the newly copied skin.xml to a temp name and rename the original one to skin.xml and reboot.

This will get you back to before the changes and reboots.

A common problem I saw if you copy info from another skin then change the colours for the info to ones available in your skin.
If the text you copy has a colur reference thats not in your skins colour chart you increase risk of green screens.

D

SS200
11-08-10, 18:58
You dont really need to create an IPK file.

You FTP it to the DMConcinnity-HD folder in the skins folder on the receiver. (cant think of exact folder I think its usr/share/enigma2/

If you only edited the skin (didnt add any new files to the local DMConcinnity-HD folder where you edited with e2skinner) and only edited layout or added / deleted items then all you need to do is copy the skin.xml file only to the root of usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD and restart.

If you gave it a major facelift then copy the contents of DMConcinnity-HD folder from your PC to usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD.

Note if you image or update the skin with updates your changes get overwritten and you need to copy them back again.

One piece of advice from experience if you copy over updates to a skin (especially just the skin.xml) rename the usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD\skin.xml in case you edited the skin wrongly and it gets caught in a green screen reboot loop.

In your ftp program rename the newly copied skin.xml to a temp name and rename the original one to skin.xml and reboot.

This will get you back to before the changes and reboots.

A common problem I saw if you copy info from another skin then change the colours for the info to ones available in your skin.
If the text you copy has a colur reference thats not in your skins colour chart you increase risk of green screens.

D

Thank you so much
I will try now

SS200
12-08-10, 04:19
i tried and after i copy the skin files and reboot it keep going to the green screen !

what is the problem ?

Sicilian
12-08-10, 06:22
i tried and after i copy the skin files and reboot it keep going to the green screen !

what is the problem ?

Something that you've changed in the skin is causing the crash.

As soon as it boots you might have just enough time to ftp into the receiver to delete the skin folder that you ftp'ed into the Duo. Delete it, unplug and re-boot. It should then boot but you will have to set another skin.

dfdream
12-08-10, 09:43
SS200,

Give a brief description of what you changed on the Skin here or even upload the skin.xml file.

Chances are if you havent added features that werent in the skin already that the colour issue as I described above is a problem.

Have you added files to the skin ?

pooface
12-08-10, 09:58
also, if you go to /media/hdd there will be a .log file. Compress it and upload to the forum, then we can have a look at what's causing the crash...

SS200
12-08-10, 17:19
Sicilian , dfdream , pooface thanks :)

I changed DMConcinnity-HD\infobar.png , DMConcinnity-HD\infobarle.png and DMConcinnity-HD\menu\setupbg.png

I've uploaded the required files in Attachments

I appreciate your help

SS200
14-08-10, 19:38
still waiting :)

pooface
16-08-10, 09:49
Looking at the log, I've noticed the line:

warning, skin is missing element etitle in <class 'Screens.ChannelSelection.ChannelSelection'>

But I'd say the reason for the crash is:

raise SkinError("pixmap file %s not found!" % (path))
skin.SkinError: {DMConcinnity-HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD/infobar.png not found!
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x2e53f350>>,()) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)

SS200
17-08-10, 19:28
Looking at the log, I've noticed the line:

warning, skin is missing element etitle in <class 'Screens.ChannelSelection.ChannelSelection'>

But I'd say the reason for the crash is:

raise SkinError("pixmap file %s not found!" % (path))
skin.SkinError: {DMConcinnity-HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/DMConcinnity-HD/infobar.png not found!
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x2e53f350>>,()) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)

Thank you,

But how can I fix this problem
the file infobar.png already exist

I just replace it

Sicilian
17-08-10, 20:11
Have you checked the replaceed png file is identical size and name? e.g. 25x25 pixels or what ever it is.

SS200
20-08-10, 03:23
Have you checked the replaceed png file is identical size and name? e.g. 25x25 pixels or what ever it is.

OK THANKS

Now every thing is ok
the problem was in Bit depth :24 bits I use now 8 bits and work fine

THANKs all for your help
SS200