PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Possible bug in new image or i need help to set it right :)

chrisnasah
05-03-12, 12:21
Hi,

I have vu+ duo and running the latest VIX image. All is running fine and under HDMI settings i have said no to i believe something called pass to volume keys...(at work so cant confirm)

So whenever i use volume it is the VU+ volume which is what i want but whenever i try to play a recording through my NAS it seems to pick up volume of my TV. Well so i expect when i stop the streaming it would pick the volume of the box but it doesnt.

Only way to solve this is either reboot or go to HDMI settings change it yes to pass to volume keys and then no again. I need to do the same thing everytime i watch recording or stream.

Any ideas what i need to do?

Thanks

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 15:00
anyone? or is it just me having this issue as it is driving me nuts all the time.

Sicilian
06-03-12, 15:42
Can you post a screenshot of what you talking about? Are you talking about HDMI CEC?

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 15:54
Yep in HDMI CEC

Sicilian
06-03-12, 16:55
Not all TV's are fully compatible with HDMI CEC. Also the media file your playing back from the NAS might have a higher volume that standard TV channels through the Duo.

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 16:59
maybe i didnt explain properly with the issue i am having.

The difference is when i press the volume buttons i can see it controlling the TV volume (as i can see the TV volume meter) this is when i am playing any recordings. Once i stop the recording it is still controlling the TV volume until i enable the option of pass to volume keys and disable again under HDMI CEC. Once this is done pressing the volume keys shows it is now controlling the DUO volume.

Sicilian
06-03-12, 17:00
Try turning off HDMI CEC.

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 17:03
ok will do once am home i guess i will lose out on putting everything on standby/startup using one remote?

chrisnasah
06-03-12, 20:34
ok i now got this working, not sure what it does but i did the changes i wanted and selected set fixed which showed an address, works fine now.