PDA

View Full Version : Browsing and playing Pc files from Vu+

Alan Pee
11-08-10, 09:49
Can anyone plse point me to an easy guide on how to browse and play media files on my PC with Vu+. I have tried all what I read from threads here but no luck. I was able to scan and find my PC from Vu+ and then mounted it following the instructions. But when I go back and open media player I can only find folders from Vu+ and not PC. Is there a plugin I have to download first before mounting. What are the correct mounting settings. I mounted it with CIFS because when I use NFS it says processing and it just hangs and nothing happens for more than ten mins until I reboot box.

pooface
11-08-10, 11:17
Never tried a mounted drive from pc, but could you not just create a mapped directory to the drive? Would've thought this would've happened. Then, when you navigate to the directory that is the mapping, it would show the contents from the pc...

Alan Pee
11-08-10, 12:30
Never tried a mounted drive from pc, but could you not just create a mapped directory to the drive? Would've thought this would've happened. Then, when you navigate to the directory that is the mapping, it would show the contents from the pc...

I will try mapping and see if it works, although I do not know how to do it but I have googled and getting some directions from microsoft. I will follow this and report back on how I fared. I hope this works. Thanks.

pooface
11-08-10, 13:46
If it's from microsoft, don't think it'll work, since it'll like be how to map the vu duo internal drive to your pc, and from what I understand, you wanna be able to view files from the pc on the vu duo?!

When you do a cifs mount, what does it give, which guide did you follow (just so I can have a look and an idea of how it works)...

Alan Pee
11-08-10, 16:14
I followed the guide from Monty here: http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO

Sicilian
12-08-10, 06:07
I followed the guide from Monty here: http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO

Did it work for you?

Alan Pee
12-08-10, 17:00
No it didn't work. I was able to mount my public folder and copied a movie into videos, opened it through media player form Vu+. It just played for about 5 mins and stopped. I went to look for the movie again through media player and couldn't find my public folder there anymore. Since then I have been trying to mount it again but the image keeps crashing during process. By the way I use OpenPLI.