PDA

View Full Version : Updated to the latest OpenPLi and these are the issues I found.

dfdream
11-08-10, 09:40
All,

I reflashed my Duo 2 days ago and have noticed the following.
(I know there was new drivers 3-4 weeks ago but wanted to see the current status).

1: If I playback a recording thats currently being recorded it comes up "END" at the point I started playback. But if I exit and go back to the recording the rest is there.

I used this alot in the past to watch a program 15 mins behind start to skip ads and never had this issue...

2: It sometimes stops during playback (once even a freeze of the box for 1-2 mins before any button on remote worked.)
A few times audio continued but no picture.

3: I also notice the cogs (cpu util) appear a lot more in normal viewing mode than they used to.

4: I enabled DTS downmixing, played a clip, Picture but no sound.
Rebooted and now no picture or sound on MKV with DTS

5: Youtube player works well, but playback of FLV files in media player doesnt work.

6: WebRemote works fine.

7: The red button recording options (that mimic the record button) says no plugin configured which it never did before.

Are any of these issues on current VTi or DE images.

OldSkulRide
11-08-10, 10:27
1. dont know
2. same problem here
3. dont know
4. this is very experimental (VTi or DE dont have this feature)
5. dont use youtube
7. I noticed the same thing. Official answer from Pli staff is that VU+ has dedicated buttons for recording, timeshifting etc. This is true :)

I think 5.0 drivers are main problem not PLi. I dont know what are they doing now, but 5.1 drivers would be great.

dfdream
11-08-10, 11:15
Thanks for the reply OldSkulRide.

I thought it would be nice to have a one stop thread of current issues (without to much discussion) on the current status of an Image rather than reading 100s of posts.

If you are on the same version of PLi try point 1.

Start a recording , leave for 10 mins, start play back and see does it play for 10 mins and end or keep playing the recording after the 10 mins all the way to the end of the program. A recording must be running when starting playback.

I will confirm this issue over the next few days as I only have image installed for a few days.

D

guff daddy
11-08-10, 22:08
7: The red button recording options (that mimic the record button) says no plugin configured which it never did before.

I could be wrong but I think this is the default message you get when the MultiQuickbutton plugin has been installed but no action has been configured for the specific button. Run the Multiquickbutton plugin and see whether an action or plugin has been assigned to a short press of the Red button.

dfdream
12-08-10, 09:46
I have quick buttons (not multiquick buttons) installed and had before. Its only different on current pli. See Oldskulride has this above too.