PDA

View Full Version : error on filesystem check/initialization

micks_address
04-03-12, 12:30
Hi Folks,

I get the attached error when i try to do an initialize or filesystem check on my harddisk. Any suggestions on how to get around it? Recordings are working fine, was just interested in converting filesystem from ext3 to ext4

Thanks,
Michael

micks_address
04-03-12, 18:44
Recordings not working now :( says out of space but I can ftp to it etc

micks_address
04-03-12, 19:01
The Duo still sees the drive, if i go to Settings hard disk - it sees it as samsung 1TB drive - Just if i try to initialize or do filecheck getting error about superblock. I'm not bothered about recordings on the disk - when i check in mount manager its there, but says not mounted and if i try to mount vix crashes. Any suggestions very welcome! I just need to get it working again and stop tinkering as i;ve annoyed the family enough the past two weeks messing with the box/restoring etc,.

micks_address
04-03-12, 19:34
Back working again. Disabled timeshift and did initialise again so happy enough

Sicilian
05-03-12, 06:30
When installed a HDD its always best to start with virgin/blank hard drive with no partitions on it.

To initialize correctly Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialize. Exit out of all screens while initializing then press blue button to view progress. This can take a few minutes. I suggest a full reboot once initialized. Hold down standby button on remote and select restart.

Once rebooted and initialized check that the HDD is mounted as /media/hdd. Press blue button > VIX > Mount manager.

Once initialized with VIX the HDD will already be EXT4. As stated the HDD MUST be initialized by VIX to work correctly.

See screenshots for recording and timeshift settings.