PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Using CrossEPG

psitech
04-03-12, 00:01
I have just set up CrossEPG on my new VU+ Duo running Vix.

Now what I need to do is get some organisation into the lists. Setting up those I use mostly into favorites might be a way, or is there some other approach?
How do I populate the favorites?

I also need to know how to get the info on the program when looking at the epg grid. Can't see an "i" button on the remote.

Hopefully there are simple answers to my simple questions.

Stanman
04-03-12, 00:15
Channel listing depends on your sats, if only 28.2 try silverfoxes - in my signature along with tutorial.

there is no I button but description should be at the top.

judge
04-03-12, 00:40
as Stanman says, Silverfox makes a great set for 28.2.
Download DreamBoxEdit for editing your list & uploading to the box.
I usually use Silverfoxes set but using DreamBoxEdit add an extra bouquet at the top & copy my favourites there.
This way I can use 1 on the remote for RTE1, 2 for RTE2 and so on but if you are happy with the SLY way of numbering, Silver does them perfectly...

psitech
04-03-12, 23:02
Thank you both for advice. I have done this, and even worked out how to replace the BBC1 London with my local BBC1. It looks and feels much better.

TomD
24-03-12, 06:30
Hi
Just a tip, but i've found that the left arrow button brings up a dialogue box which displays the current channels and info on whats on. Using the arrows you can then scroll forward or see whats showing on other channels. What I really like is that the channel info stays on the screen until you exit.
Hope this helps.
Tom

psitech
28-03-12, 23:12
Hi,

After settling in for a while, most of the CrossEPG is now working as desired. However, there are a couple of minor problems i can't see how to fix.

1. There is no programme information for channel 5 on the freesat or entertainment bouquets. We normally use the freesat or the HD set to select channels and find out programme info. It is there on the HD list.

2. The text size is a bit small, (we are getting older and eyesight not what it used to be) don't mind loosing a few rows but can't see where the settings are to change this.

CrossEPG set up as per the instructions in this forum with the Silverfox bouquets, and picons. Got info panel on top left, picture panel on top right and 11 rows of channels per screen.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Stanman
29-03-12, 13:22
Hi,

After settling in for a while, most of the CrossEPG is now working as desired. However, there are a couple of minor problems i can't see how to fix.

1. There is no programme information for channel 5 on the freesat or entertainment bouquets. We normally use the freesat or the HD set to select channels and find out programme info. It is there on the HD list.

2. The text size is a bit small, (we are getting older and eyesight not what it used to be) don't mind loosing a few rows but can't see where the settings are to change this.

CrossEPG set up as per the instructions in this forum with the Silverfox bouquets, and picons. Got info panel on top left, picture panel on top right and 11 rows of channels per screen.

Any ideas gratefully received.

1. No idea why that is, have a look in the all list and see if one of the other variants as the info and just swap it over

2. This will be an option in the next release

Thats not crossepg mate sounds like vixEPG. What is it you want to do, if its picons to show press menu when in it and change items per page to 5