PDA

View Full Version : Starting afresh......

gedclarke
03-03-12, 21:39
Hello, got my box setup now and all working great, but I have done a lot of messing about & tweaking etc, so was thinking of starting afresh (now I know what I like/need). But as I bought my box from WOS with vix 2.3 already flashed, I was wondering do I have to reload new bootloader before I reflash, and if I flash will this give me a fully clean start? I'm 99% sure I don't need the bootloader and it will give me a clean start, but as its my first flash on a vu+ duo I just want to be certain. Thanks in advance

Oh, and if possible can someone please let me know if I'm using a usb memory stick in the rear port for my picons etc, what is the best to format it to (FAT32 or ext3) ? and also whats the best extension (think thats what its called) for it (hdd/usb, hdd/internal, etc) or does it matter. I have found that it keeps disappearing and my epg keeps messing up. Thanks in advance again.

Stanman
03-03-12, 22:17
No need for bootloader, it will have been flashed by WOS.

New flash will be totally clean and you will have to do all your settings again.

USB needs to be FAT32 for picons etc and needs to be mounted as USB - Blue button>VIX>Mount manager> green button.

You will need to set the location as USB in the EPG settings for the EPG location.