PDA

View Full Version : Problem accessing network shares

nuke2000
03-03-12, 10:07
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone couls assist me with a problem accessing my shares accross the network. Basically although i can see my NAS (samba share) when browsing the network on the duo, i can see the folders on the nas and am able to mount folders (cifs), as soon as i attempt to playback any files on the nas (iso's, mpg's, avi's - whatever) i get a greenscreen and a reboot. Same files playback fine on duo hdd or on usb. On a side note, i am unable to view any shares on my win7 pc's (pc's show in the network browser however) although this is not as important to me as accessing my nas.

I have tried various images without sucess but am now settled on openaaf as my image of choice.

Is there something vital i am missing

Your help is much appreciated

Maxwell
03-03-12, 10:36
here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share&p=116401#post116401

nuke2000
03-03-12, 11:15
Many thanks for the pointer. This may assist with win7 shares but not with my nas. I suspect it could be the router firewall blocking access but have no idea why this should be the case as i can see the nas shares and their content or indeed why this would cause the duo to green screen/ Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Maxwell
03-03-12, 11:38
what is your nas and what os is it

nuke2000
03-03-12, 14:52
Hi there

NAS is a n2100 (also known as yesbox), i beleive the os is linux based but don't know for sure. Sorry the info is rather vague

Your help is much appreciated