PDA

View Full Version : box didnt boot after attempt install of Sony play tv usb tuner

micks_address
02-03-12, 20:05
Hi folks,

Followed these instructions (box was powered on, plugged in play tv via usb to the back)

Menu/plugins/press green button(downloan plugins) select drivers and 0700 driver - (this failed - said unable to write to device or something?_

Wait until you have tuner connected to usb at back before doing this.

When you have above done, restart vu. FULL restart. Then go to Menu/setup/service searching/tuner config. You should now see tuner c and d Select tuner c first and change terrestrial provider to Europe dvb-t frequencies. Do the same for tuner d. exit and do manual scan of tuner c.

Then you are ready for dreamboxedit.

All above assumes you have VU connected to internet and using VIX image.

Anyway box wouldnt restart after, so doing a reflash now.. rescan etc.. all working again.. but what should i do if i want to use this tuner with the Vu+ Duo?

Btw - when you plug in the play tv tuner should there come a light on it? Or does the light just come on when its tuned in? When i plugged into the duo got nothing. Might try on the ps3 later when the dust settles a bit

Cheers,
Mick

Zartmy
02-03-12, 20:58
Menu/plugins/press green button(downloan plugins) select drivers and 0700 driver - (this failed - said unable to write to device or something?_

Think this is the key to your failure. I would recommend to try to install the driver via telnet instead. If you get an error then post it in this thread and someone will problary be able to tell what really is wrong. I have a usb tuner with the same chipset and it works great in VIX 2.3 (havent used it for recording though...)

Anyway the command to install the driver in telnet is:
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700

Good luck

micks_address
02-03-12, 21:02
where would i download the plugin from? Should i have the tuner connected to the Duo before i install the driver? Should i connect the tuner with the box off then power up? Then install driver?

Zartmy
02-03-12, 21:15
1) You dont have to, unless it isnt connected to the internet
2) A reboot after the install of the driver cant be wrong. It is safe to plug in the usb tuner while the box is running, maybe enigma will be happier and find the tuner after the reboot.

micks_address
02-03-12, 21:33
Thanks before I do anything else how do I do a complete backup to USB so if crashes again I can do an instant restore without having to do a Rescan and reload of channels etc

Stanman
02-03-12, 21:38
blue button>vix>backup manager.green button for new backup

micks_address
02-03-12, 22:19
If I do backup to usb stick I have picon and epg on is it ok to leave-that usb stick connected or should I move it off?

Zartmy
02-03-12, 22:24
You can keep it connected.

micks_address
02-03-12, 22:37
Will it not try to restore each time I reboot?

Zartmy
02-03-12, 22:47
Not the backups from backup manager. You will have to use the backup manager to restore them.

micks_address
02-03-12, 22:53
But if the box won't boot how do I restore the backup?

Zartmy
02-03-12, 22:57
Apply a clean vix image and run restore from the backup manager

micks_address
02-03-12, 23:12
before i try again - my approach will be

1) Power down box
2) Attach Tuner
3) Power up box
4) Run tenet command to install plugin?
5) Reboot?

Cheers,
Mick

micks_address
02-03-12, 23:15
i wanted to ask about the LED on the playtv tuner - i would have assumed it would come on as soon as it got power from any usb source? When i plug into my PC - i dont get any light.. and windows 7 recognises it but doesnt install driver correctly

Zartmy
02-03-12, 23:27
When the driver detects the tuner first thing it does is to download firmware to it and then start the init process, the light problary wont light up after all that is finished. I dont think there is a native driver for windows 7, think you have to add the usb-id to another driver that uses the same chip (just google for it).

Your approach is ok.

micks_address
02-03-12, 23:53
Thanks got sorted, now just looking for nice picons for Irish DTV channels that arent on SAT

Cheers for all your help
Mick

Zartmy
03-03-12, 00:01
Glad I could help

Stanman
03-03-12, 01:36
Will it not try to restore each time I reboot?
You can also put the backup image files on it and it will not restore them as they are not in right folder name and structure for the box to see them.