PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Lost USB Tuner

micscave
02-03-12, 04:55
Howdo all
I've just reinstalled VIX 2.3 Build:204. I installed the drivers for my usb tuner win tv nova T (driver 700) reboot, but the tuner isn't in the tuner set up screen, any clues? the driver seemed to install ok.
It's always worked before so I must be missing something here.
If I go back into the driver download page, it is no longer there.

Cheers
micscave

stick50jr
02-03-12, 05:08
Howdo all
I've just reinstalled VIX 2.3 Build:204. I installed the drivers for my usb tuner win tv nova T (driver 700) reboot, but the tuner isn't in the tuner set up screen, any clues? the driver seemed to install ok.
It's always worked before so I must be missing something here.
If I go back into the driver download page, it is no longer there.

Cheers
micscave

I've got an af9035 based dual tuner, but I'm running same Vix on a Duo. I have had a few problems with other usb devices causing the Duo to get confused. I found that the usb tuner works best on a powered hub (my dual tuner may suck more power than a single tuner?), and after flashing the new image it was important to remove all other usb devices. Once the usb tuners were detected and working correctly, then it was possible to plug in a usb flash drive (which I have set up with picons and as a swap file device).

You might have to do more than one restart to detect and establish the usb tuners. Once everything was well established, then subsequent restarts and gui restarts were no longer a problem (ie I didn't need to remove the usb flash drive).

good luck

micscave
02-03-12, 05:23
Cheers for that stick50jr
I'm not sure what's going on as there where no other usb devises in the box at the time, I keep my picons on my hdd as I have ptt enabled. I've also rebooted maybe 6 times, but to no avail. Maybe another reflash tomorrow :(

micscave
02-03-12, 08:50
Just a thought but can the drivers be downloaded and installed manually? Im just trying to avoid reflashing again.

stick50jr
02-03-12, 14:57
You could try a telnet session:

root@vuduo:~# opkg update

then

root@vuduo:~# opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700

This will download the appropriate modules from the feeds and install. It does throw up an error due to an undefined label, but this may not be a 'show stopper'. It seemed to install lots of stuff for me, but of course I don't currently have the nova dvb-t tuner plugged in to test the result at all.

The above approach was used by me to install kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035 for my dual tuners (Avermedia TwinStar A825) because these tuners do not have a package available to download via the ViX menus.

Good Luck

micscave
02-03-12, 18:43
Sorted, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them and my tuner showed up.
Thanks for your help stick50jr.

BALDRICK75
13-03-12, 18:10
Hi Guys i am using the win-tv nova td dual tuner usb tuner all is working great on the vix 2.3 image is there a way that we can back up the plugin/ driver 700 for future use if we should need it?
kind regardes for any reply
baldrick75.

stick50jr
14-03-12, 03:00
I imagine that the plugin is similar to the kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700.ipk file that can be installed from telnet with the 'opkg install' command.

The opkg install accesses the ipk file on the default feeds. The ipk file contains details of all the other dependent files required and the current versions... these are then picked up as part of the process (also from the feeds). So to get all the files required is a bit complicated... the advantage of this approach is that you access all these files and install them with one single command and automatically get the current versions.

If you want to have a backup, you could copy/backup files in your /lib/modules/3.1.1/kernel/drivers/media/ directory and sub directories (./common/tuners/, ./dvb/frontends/, ./dvb/dvb-usb/) and then copy them into these locations in the future if required. If you were using these backups in the future, you'd also need to get the image to register and use these modules... there are some commands that I'm not real familiar with to achieve this... it can be done!

I have made backups of these files from various images (Blackhole and Vix) just to see whether they perform any differently... but I'm using a different stick to yours.

good luck!

BALDRICK75
14-03-12, 15:09
Thank you stick50jr for the info i will take a look at backing up the files you have said for future use
kind regards .