PDA

View Full Version : Help with first order......

gedclarke
29-02-12, 22:01
:confused:Hello, I have just been ripped off with a clone and am about to buy a proper VU+ DUO off WOS (which I should have done in the first place), but just wanted to ask a question before I do. I have a 2TB drive ready to fit and have read you are best to initialize the hard drive with original image not VIX. So I am I best buying with original or will VIX sort out the drive? Also if I do buy with original image, after fitting and initializing HD, is it just a case of updating bootloader then flashing latest VIX image/build via front usb? I'm 99% sure, I just want to be 100%. Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
29-02-12, 22:15
sometimes ViX can have troubles initializing older already used HDD'S but if it's new and unused it should work fine. I would get ViX flashed to the box first then get it setup how you like and make a full image backup. then you can flash the original image if you need to and using the backup you made load ViX back in a matter of minutes.

as for the bootloader, just ask the sponsor and he will load the bootloader when he flashes the image you want.

Stanman
01-03-12, 00:08
You should not have any problems with the HDD. I have flashed VIX on four boxes, two had a used HDD from sly box worked fine, the other came from my old PC and also worked fine and last one was a2.5 from an external HDD which worked no problems.

Some people have had problems but I would not worry If I was you.

gedclarke
01-03-12, 00:19
Thankyou, all ordered. Just hope I can get my money back off the clone one, should do with paypal :)