PDA

View Full Version : Actuator or Diseqc

GecHo
28-02-12, 19:44
hi, i think my actuator has had enough moves but clicks every few seconds and is missing sats once moved. i have an 18" actuator and 1.2m channel master dish do you think im aswell to just buy another actuator or can i use diseqc to move the dish such as the tm2600, what are my options or is it time to get a new dish ,are they any better than what i have such ad the triax 1.1, dilema, dilema
all advice welcome lol
cheers mick

Ev0
28-02-12, 20:11
Just fit a new 18" actuator mate.

A diseqc motor won't mount to your dish easily, and even if you do get it fitted to the dish, it won't last long and a good gust of wind will more than likely cause issues.

As for the triax 1.1m I removed mine a few months ago and fitted a channel master 1.2m, the triax is a good dish, but not a patch on a well setup channel master.

Sicilian
28-02-12, 21:54
As Evo says, you wont be able to fit a DISEQC motor to the Channel master, different brackets etc...

GecHo
28-02-12, 22:14
thanks for the replies, will try to source a new actuator for a reasonable price, any suggestions :)
cheers Mick

Ev0
28-02-12, 22:21
Google is your friend here, as the site sponser doesn't appear to sell them. (might be worth dropping them a pm or email to see if they can get you one for sensible money though).