PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Connector/Plug

BeastRabban
28-02-12, 16:37
Hi,
Have searched around for info on this, but no luck, so apologies if it's already been covered elsewhere.
Just hooking up my new VU+ Ultimo, using my existing satellite connectors, and the plugs don't seem to want to go all the way into the receiver sockets.
On each of the two feeds, the centre core/wire protrudes about 5 millimeters past the end of the plug. They plug into my Sky+ box no problem, but when I try them on the Ultimo the centre wire goes in about 2 millimeters and doesn't seem to want to go any further, and therefore the outer body does not get close enough to mate up to allow me to screw it in place. I could try more force but I'm reluctatnt incase I break something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Sandman
28-02-12, 16:46
Hi,
Have searched around for info on this, but no luck, so apologies if it's already been covered elsewhere.
Just hooking up my new VU+ Ultimo, using my existing satellite connectors, and the plugs don't seem to want to go all the way into the receiver sockets.
On each of the two feeds, the centre core/wire protrudes about 5 millimeters past the end of the plug. They plug into my Sky+ box no problem, but when I try them on the Ultimo the centre wire goes in about 2 millimeters and doesn't seem to want to go any further, and therefore the outer body does not get close enough to mate up to allow me to screw it in place. I could try more force but I'm reluctatnt incase I break something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

I just forced it a bit more and it went in fine! They're either very stiff or you're pushing through a plastic guard or similar :eek:

Just be careful you don't bend and push the coax centre to the side so it doesn't go in at all...I did that by mistake with one of mine!

Sicilian
28-02-12, 16:52
I used a very fine needle to loosen the centre hole :)

BeastRabban
28-02-12, 16:54
Thanks a mill guys - one done, one to go. They are stiff, and you do need a little faith that they will go in, so your words of advice have been most helpful :)

Mike