PDA

View Full Version : Cannot make it working

art-sat
27-02-12, 14:03
I am a newbie. My Vu+ Duo used to have DreamElite image installed and it was working well. Then I could not get my new CCam working and flash DE image with the factory one. This got me in to trouble. Now I got Black Hole image installed (I like it) and think that I should be able to find the way to make it working, but it just does not happening.

15259 15260 15261 15262

I have only tried to set up the Hotbird channels. I have tried to disable the second turner, tried to make it equal to the first one, but it did not make any difference. I have set up correct long. and lat. as well. The box is connected to the internet.

Thank you in advance for your help.

talon
27-02-12, 17:55
you say you have setup your long and lat?
if thats the case then you do not have to setup anything in the positioner setup page. not sure if that could be causing a problem.

have you setup/uploaded a channel list?
does the dish move when you change to a different channel on a differnet sat?

art-sat
27-02-12, 21:41
There are advanced and simple configuration modes.

15266 15267

Simple needs only lat. & long. Advanced need what is on the picture and if I scrolled down there would be requirement to enter lat. & long. as well.

Btw, I tried ViX image, but could not see the coloured buttons at the bottom of the screen (I have got an old tv, resolution 1022 × 768 pixels), could not get the list of the channels as well, so moved to BH.

art-sat
28-02-12, 01:03
Is there any one in Newcastle upon Tyne who could set things up for me for a fee? PM please.

wullboy
28-02-12, 01:10
i would install the latest VIX image onto your v+ duo and see how it runs, it is a cracking image, and well supported on this site m8

art-sat
28-02-12, 01:23
i would install the latest VIX image onto your v+ duo and see how it runs, it is a cracking image, and well supported on this site m8
I' ve just PMed you, thank you for the offer anyway.

art-sat
28-02-12, 05:05
Managed to get it showing some channels, but only after setting "use USALS for this sat" to option "NO" if I change it to "YES" the dish will move somewhere. Any idea what this can be?

TK4|2|1
28-02-12, 07:45
Managed to get it showing some channels, but only after setting "use USALS for this sat" to option "NO" if I change it to "YES" the dish will move somewhere. Any idea what this can be?

You have either put the wrong long, lat coordinates in the box or the dish isn't aligned correctly.
After you check the long/lat are correct, select goto 0 option.
Exit the menu and providing you have uploaded a recent channel list, select a channel from 0.8deg west (Thor).
Go outside and adjust dish to get maximum signal.
Choose a channel from another satellite astra2 @28.2deg east, dish will now move, and hopefully display a picture.
Go back out to dish and flex dish up and own and observe if signal increases or decreases, you may have to slightly tweak elevation and dish angle to optimise the signal.

Some motors have a longitude scale on them so you can set this to whatever your longitude is.

You may also need a friend to help if you haven't got a signal meter.

Good luck.

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb

basilyoung
28-02-12, 09:18
you seem to have multiple issues, 1, is the motor setup, ( assuming your dish set up is correct )

2, softcam instalation/setup ( limited advice from this forum,...read the rules please before asking )

3, and lastly, your knowledge of linux ( E2 ) based units seems to be low, it might help you to read a few stickies first

once you have been through a bit of a learning curve, you will love the unit

also, its best to post and resolve one problem at a time, fisrt priority is to get the motor sorted on fta channels, then move on to softcams in a seperate thread

and welcome to the forum

art-sat
28-02-12, 09:55
you seem to have multiple issues, 1, is the motor setup, ( assuming your dish set up is correct )

2, softcam instalation/setup ( limited advice from this forum,...read the rules please before asking )

3, and lastly, your knowledge of linux ( E2 ) based units seems to be low, it might help you to read a few stickies first

once you have been through a bit of a learning curve, you will love the unit

also, its best to post and resolve one problem at a time, fisrt priority is to get the motor sorted on fta channels, then move on to softcams in a seperate thread

and welcome to the forum
Issue 3. Correct, I am just a :baby:
Issue 2. is not an issue for me, I used pay for one channel and that time needed CCAm, now I am just after some free channels only
Issue 1. The dish was set up well and I have no reason to assume its moved. Even tonight I managed to scan Hotbird, but did not like something and now I am back to where I've started :confused:

The problem is that VIX image is not working for me. It just does not show any channels at all, so I gave up on it. Tried Openpli could scan HBird and get it working, but now working with BH image, probably gonna stick to it.

basilyoung
28-02-12, 10:06
well i cant offer much advice, as i have just finished a long shift, but what ever image you use, should work on the sat listings, normally, if you select plugins, download plugins, then look for settings, you should see an array of channel listings to download

as far as the dish goes...use USAL,s and adjust your east west setting ( use sat finder in your motor set up menu ) hop from say 28 east to 13 east, and adjust the east west setting by a degree or two

others will contribute to this thread soon I expect, good luck, and hope you get to grips with the VU soon

art-sat
28-02-12, 11:53
I have now managed to get the channels I wanted from the Hotbird. The problem is I am not sure that if I had to do it again I would be able to do it.

art-sat
03-03-12, 08:36
Installed HDD, fully backed up and decided to move on to another satellite. Lost everything. Tried to flash from the back up, using USB, but it did not work. Back to square 1. :(