PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Constantly crashing/rebooting

spectre289
26-02-12, 23:22
I have a Vu+ Duo with the latest ViX image. While I was watching a recorded program, I got an error because the tuner was still set to another channel when it was trying to record on two other channels, so I exited the recording and switched to one of the currently recording channels but it was extremely laggy doing anything so I rebooted the box. Now it just crashes on startup and reboots over and over again until I turn it off. Is there a way of fixing this and stopping it from happening in the future? I was only trying to record 2 channels at once, shouldn't it have changed the channel automatically to one of them like I've seen it do before?

psionguy
27-02-12, 11:14
I have a Vu+ Duo with the latest ViX image. While I was watching a recorded program, I got an error because the tuner was still set to another channel when it was trying to record on two other channels, so I exited the recording and switched to one of the currently recording channels but it was extremely laggy doing anything so I rebooted the box. Now it just crashes on startup and reboots over and over again until I turn it off. Is there a way of fixing this and stopping it from happening in the future? I was only trying to record 2 channels at once, shouldn't it have changed the channel automatically to one of them like I've seen it do before?

If this happened to me I would do a reflash, providing you do a little preparation first it should only take a few minutes, run the backup feature, or FTP your important files. If the problem happens again then post your crash log on the correct forum for your model.

spectre289
27-02-12, 12:01
Yeah I ended up doing a reflash to get it out of the crash/reboot cycle but I'm concerned about it doing it again in the same situation.

Sicilian
27-02-12, 12:31
Are you able to provide the crashlog? Also please provide a complete list of the items below: -

1. Full list of plugins installed.
2. EPG settings and epg sources selected.

spectre289
27-02-12, 17:27
Since I had to reflash and didn't have a backup, I'm not totally sure what my epg settings were set to before but I did select the UK ones I saw in CrossEPG and had it saved to an external HDD. Plugins I had CCcam 2.3.0, LiveFootBall, TSPanel 4.4, Automatic Volume Adjustment, old WebInterface, TagEditor, as well as the ones ViX 2.3.204 comes with. I just checked and I don't have a crash log any more, might have been reflashing that lost it. The timers were created through autotimer, if that makes any difference. Incase I wasn't too clear before on what happened, I was watching one channel while something was recording on another channel, I then started watching that recording while it was still going but when the Vu+ Duo started trying to record another show on a different channel it came up with an error about no free tuner so I exited the recording and switched to one of the currently recording channels. It was being very slow to respond though and video was very jerky so I restarted the box. That's when the crashing/rebooting constantly on startup started.