PDA

View Full Version : blackhole vs VIX in 2012...

hiohaa
26-02-12, 14:01
hello.
i been running the vix images since i bought my vu duo way back when.
recently though ive read the blackhole image is more stable with the latest 'kernel' and i thought maybe its time for a switch.

can anyone list the tangible differences between vix and blackhole, in terms of performance, settings, features.
(don't really care about looks or ease of use.......just the tangible differences in features which cause blackhole to be better).
just want to know if the features are worth flashing for...

thanks.

Larry-G
26-02-12, 14:35
To be honest your only going to know if it's the image you want by flashing it your self. make a backup using the inbuilt image manager in ViX then flash the BH image and use it for a while.

Sicilian
26-02-12, 14:48
Theres no need for another BH v's VIX comparison thread, as Pheonix says, try it and find out what you prefer.

BadBoy
26-02-12, 18:02
I tried it on a new duo just to see what all the hype was, lasted about 15 mins as it just never had some of the features and interfaces that Vix offered.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tsx
26-02-12, 20:10
My 2p, For someone who has so much other stuff to play with and keep updated, VIX wins.

Also my non techie other half has to use it, so VIX wins again. Straight out of the box things just work and are fairly intuitive.

I tried BH, and it just needed to much tweaking and customising to like it. If I had more free time and it was only myself using it then I might change to BH.

wazza_2
26-02-12, 21:36
when i tried BH it was ok at first but when i started to install things it got alot slower and never had that with vix

razor1
26-02-12, 23:19
The only plus with BH is there is a wider choice of skins, setting this aside I have to say VIX wins hands down simply no contest.

wolfen
10-03-12, 18:26
I have BH 1.7.2 now and want vix back again.. This image is not good for us scandinavians.. Vix has txt and epg language settings and solves most of the language problems.. Epg is better too (mu oponion) :)