PDA

View Full Version : vu duo 3rd tuner

dilly1066
26-02-12, 01:13
hiya, i am finding myself needing a 3rd tuner alot lately, would love the ultimo but abit too expensive for me at the minute, so ive had little search around and seem you can get usb tuners, im reading that there might be a new one coming out from sundek is it because the old ones are struggling with the new kernal, i think i would like the satellite tuner not just freeview one plus i think the freeview one has to be connected to a ariel not a satellite dish which is all i have, can anyone tell me the best usb tuner to get or is it true new ones are on the way and its better to wait ? thanks

judge
26-02-12, 02:03
No idea on new ones, where are you based?
I use the Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T USB Stick for Irish DVT, ask the sponsor for one (not sure if they carry them?) or search ebay...
It gives me a triple tuner in my DUO & lets me record/watch all Irish channels while recording at least 2 other sat channels.
Would love a 4th tuner but not sure how I'd even be able to use it as TV is mostly shit.

Stanman
26-02-12, 10:48
I use the Sundek ultimo sky, the one with a green led. it works fine in vix, zaping is slightly slower than internal but nothing you cannot live with. Sundek are brining a new version five out and i believe the sponsor will be stocking them, so drop him a pm but it might be several weeks from release as sundek resolving some issues.

dilly1066
26-02-12, 23:55
hiya, thanks for the replys,the one with the green led then is the one to go for , im thinking i might be better waiting then until sundek bring there new one outas im presuming its going to be better, maybe abit faster at zapping etc,
im based in the uk , the nova usb stick then is just for freeview channels then ? whats it like for zapping times etc ? as i may just get a freeview one until the new sundek one comes out, thanks