PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo VIX Image Backup crashes and requires reflash

Kieranhightower
25-02-12, 21:08
Hi all,

I have had my Vu+ Duo for a couple of days and seem to be getting the hang of everything. I've got everything set up pretty much as I want it, so I wanted to take a backup using the Image Backup option.

However, when running the backup to a USB hard drive in the front USB port it fails when trying to write to the disk (not sure why - it is formatted as FAT 32 and seems to be mounted ok). Have tried twice with 2 different drives and the same thing happens each time.

Unfortunately after a failed Image Manager backup, when I next restart the box (with USB hard drive removed), the box fails to start and requires a whole reflash of the image. And I get to start again. Which kinda defeats the object of taking a backup in the first place :o(

Not a huge problem I guess as I can just backup the settings and not the image and reflash from there in future, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and have a workaround/fix?

I'm afraid I don't have any log files as once it's died and I have to reflash it, they are obviously gone with the reflash.

Thanks in advance,

Kieran

Stanman
25-02-12, 21:20
When you reflash the backup what folders are you placing on the USB stick?

Kieranhightower
25-02-12, 21:47
Hi
Reflashing (from a downloaded image) isn't the problem. It's crashing while doing the backup of my image onto a blank usb drive. Sorry if my original post was unclear :/

Stanman
25-02-12, 21:50
How is your USB mounted as SDB or USB? if the former change it to USB and try, should not make a difference.