PDA

View Full Version : Quick noobie setup guide using latest Team Red image from 17-02-12

Sicilian
24-02-12, 13:58
Just flashed latest Team Red image so thought I put together a quick setup guide to help a newbie user get a working TV Guide and 7 Day EPG.

1. Download image from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16204-Team-RED-E2-Image-17-02-2012-HD800-SE
2. Follow this flashing guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16263-How-to-USB-flash-GiGaBlue-HD-800-SE
3. After image is flash and receiver has rebooted, remove the usb stick used for flashing.
4. Go through the initial startup wizard setting your TV output, satellite dish setup and so on.
5. Transfer settings/bouquets using this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit or alternatively perform a satellite scan.
6. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.
7. Connect a storage USB stick or HDD.
8. Press Blue > Red for System Utility.
9. Select Manages devices.
10. Select Setup and set to EXT3 and press exit.
11. Select Storage device press OK, select AUTO and the device will be formatted. When complete exit out of all screens.
12. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.
13. Setup CrossEPG. Menu > Setup > Crossepg.

13a.Configure. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to hardisk or USB. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough. Set scheduled download time.
13b. Press red for back..
13c. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
13d. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
13e. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13f. Press RED for BACK.
13g. Select download now.Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.
13h. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW. Upon re-start pressing Guide on remote should give you EPG data for channel currently being viewed.

14. Install CoolTVGuide. Press blue button > Press Blue again for Addons Manager. Download Addons > EPG_Plugins > Select CoolTVGuide 5.6.0 press OK to install.
15. Once installed, hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.
16. Menu Plugins > CoolTVGuide > Press Green and set Long OK press to zap + exit if required.
16a. Press Yellow > Set start TV Guide with Red Button to YES. Press RED to save settings. Now exit out of all screens.
16b. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.

17. On reboot test TV guide by pressing RED. Provided your followed this guide correctly you should have full EPG data.

Hope this helps some members :zoom:

huey
24-02-12, 17:35
hi, just tried to flash this image ,but all i get is done when its loaded ,with no reboot or anything ,help ,complete newbee here.

Sicilian
24-02-12, 18:11
Flashing guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16263-How-to-USB-flash-GiGaBlue-HD-800-SE

huey
24-02-12, 19:12
ok ,got to number 11 ,can't seem to find storage device ,or is my drive not showing up.

Sicilian
24-02-12, 19:20
Works fine here with a number of usb sticks. Try connecting the usb stick then rebooting the receiver and going to step 9 again.

huey
24-02-12, 20:26
still no joy ,used 3 different usb drives ,all formatted fat 32 ,no drives recognised ,where should the option to select storage divice be .ive selected ,ext3 saved and exit then gone back in but nothing showing ,sorry :confused:

Sicilian
24-02-12, 21:30
See screenshot.

Blue button > System Utility > Manage Devices > My USB stick is recognised as USB-Pen Setup (sda1)

huey
24-02-12, 22:06
no my picture is just the 2 cogs ,and only displays the setup spanner,might try to reflash the image ,

Sicilian
24-02-12, 22:09
I've tested 3 sandisk sticks, pre formatted FAT32 first. They appear no probs. I then format them EXT3 as per the guide.

huey
24-02-12, 22:22
what do you recommend i do ,as i have no idea ,ver new to this way of doing things ,should have baught the blade lol.

Sicilian
24-02-12, 22:25
What are you connecting? USB stick? USB HDD? Check the steps your are taking.

Did you flash this image? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16204-Team-RED-E2-Image-17-02-2012-HD800-SE

Sicilian
24-02-12, 22:37
If your using a USB harddisk. Go to Menu > Setup > Harddisk > Initialize.

huey
24-02-12, 23:18
yea thats the 1 i flashed ,have used 3 usb sticks now ,i will start again in the morning ,had enough for now thanks for your help.

huey
25-02-12, 12:26
all sorted now ,with cool guide running ,looks stunning to ,i'm very happy now ,thanks for all the support got there in the end ,i think i owe a donation :thumbsup:

Bluto141
14-07-12, 14:49
Hi, yup me again..
As with others I get to Step 13
I have inserted the disk/drive, tried both front and rear, tried ext2 and 3 in set up, remembering to restart GB firmware at ever stage, I have formatted as instructed, however at the above stage when I go into menu/setup/CrossEPG and select configure, at "storage Device it reads Internal flash (suggested) On the next message box is the message "please read, No disk found, an hard drive or an usb pen is hardily suggested, if you still want to use your internal flash pay attention" it then gives 2 reasons why no to use flash.

I have tried various disks up to a 300gb sata with a generic case, 64, 32,and 16 mb flash drives, I tried mounting..all to no avail.
Their is a message about setting the "mounted image" to read write" however their apprears to be nowhere to change such settings,

Any ideas..surly they can not all be incomparable..

Cheers G

Bluto141
16-07-12, 14:49
Hi
I just went into menu/set up, but the options I get are
Service searching
system
Common interface
Common interface assignment
parental control
factory reset
software management