PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted for my et5000 crashing a lot.

g_p_t
24-02-12, 11:58
Im using the latest vix image, all i have added is cccam, channel list and i have a usb hdd attached.
But im getting really fed up with it now, it can crash by just changing channels ffs !

Its happening one or twice a night, i have to switch off at the rear to totally reboot it.

I have tried reflashing the image from scratch (then updated it over network) and its still the same.

Think i might try PLI image again and see how that goes, unless anyone else can suggest something else to try

Sicilian
24-02-12, 12:02
Your post does not exactly help with the lack of info!

Post the crash logs and post an exact step by step of what you where doing when it crashed.

punisher
24-02-12, 12:19
I have an et5k with nothing installed other than a channel list and cccam 2.2.1 and never had any problems. The box never gets switched off and hasnt crashed once lol please post ur setup, plugins, channel list etc etc

g_p_t
24-02-12, 12:20
ok will do, but it can crash when i update the epg or change channel,

the channel list im using is Vhannibal E2 Motor, i have not installed any plugins, just cccam 2.2.1

the way its locking up im not sure if it got to write a log but i will have a look to see if there are any and post them

it used to be far more stable, its only recently its started doing this

Sicilian
24-02-12, 12:26
How many epg sources do you have selected? Also re-scan the satellites that you are watching. Simply transferring and using pre-created settings/bouquets can cause crashes unless re-scan on your receiver.

g_p_t
24-02-12, 12:30
just using the open 28.2 over the air source, i turned off the freesat epg and others,

ok, maybe i will try a more up to date listing, the one i have been using is the 2nd feb, i wasnt aware that the channel listing would or cause issues

punisher
24-02-12, 12:51
Try using cross epg/open tv/sky uk 28.2e

TK4|2|1
24-02-12, 13:09
Hmmm
As I stated on another thread a friend with a et5000 is having same issues after doing the online update. I'll see if I can get any logs off him as he is not too Linux/computer literate.

Sent from my iThing, using sorcery and the magic interweb.

punisher
24-02-12, 13:16
Worse comes to worse, take a bakup of ur image and settings and thrn do a reflash and start again and see how things go

g_p_t
24-02-12, 13:47
Hmmm
As I stated on another thread a friend with a et5000 is having same issues after doing the online update. I'll see if I can get any logs off him as he is not too Linux/computer literate.

Sent from my iThing, using sorcery and the magic interweb.

thats interesting, may be i will reload the latest vix from here and not do the online update ...

g_p_t
24-02-12, 13:47
Worse comes to worse, take a bakup of ur image and settings and thrn do a reflash and start again and see how things go

i have tried this

g_p_t
24-02-12, 13:48
Try using cross epg/open tv/sky uk 28.2e

this is what i am using

Sicilian
24-02-12, 14:05
Even if you use a new settings pack, re-scan the satellites you use :trustme: Set clear before scan to yes when you run a single satellite scan.

g_p_t
24-02-12, 14:10
Even if you use a new settings pack, re-scan the satellites you use :trustme: Set clear before scan to yes when you run a single satellite scan.

ok will try, i take it it wont delete the channel arrangement and just updates things ?

Sicilian
24-02-12, 14:14
ok will try, i take it it wont delete the channel arrangement and just updates things ?

No, the bouquets will remain.

g_p_t
24-02-12, 19:07
No, the bouquets will remain.

Ok iv loaded new list , and doing a rescan on 28.2 east + clear set to yes, will see how if goes. Where will i find the crash logs ?