PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] cannot recover backed up settings

reverend
24-02-12, 10:55
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for the lack of crash logs. I have obviously left that USB stick that I put all the logs on this morning at home in my rush to leave.

Here is the anecdotal version of events though:

This morning, I found by Vu+ switched on, even though I had put it into standby last night. This is usual for me, I think the EPG download leaves the box in an on state. The box was on an encrypted channel. There was something i wanted to set a recording timer for, so i went into the EPG, navigated to the channel I wanted to record, found the event, and hit the 'record' button. The box then crashed with the 'sorry...' message on screen. I quickly scanned the output, and remember seeing something about there being no space on the device (EPG is stored on the /hdd which has about 995GB free).

I let the box restart. When it did, I noticed that it appeared not to be able to access the internet. Sure enough, the DNS server address had somehow dropped out. I found that when I tried to re-apply it by typing in the IP address, the box crashed when I hit the OK button. I can't remember what the crash log output on screen was, sorry. I tried this a few times with the same result.

Next, I decided it would be better to restore from my backed up settings on the hdd. I went into the Vix menu to restore these. Unfortunately, the restore errored at 16% wtih a message about a timeout. I tried again, and got a different error about a missing handle or something.

I've now re-imaged and am in the process of restoring setting manually. Luckily, as I had made my own image backup, some of my settings appear to have been saved in that (like plugins and cccam file)

Obviously I need to provide logs, but most worrying for me is the fact that having setting backed up actually turned out not to be a safeguard from an unrecoverable error. Has anyone had a similar experience which was resolved?

reverend
24-02-12, 19:32