PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Record problem

Foxylady
23-02-12, 23:02
I know you do not need more moaning about the latest image and am sure you are doing your best to resolve the on going issues.
It has bene mentioned before but was not answer as regards ghosting, images wiht sharpened edges since the new kernel installed.
I have put up with it as i know hopefully it will be corrected.
I selected topgear to record as i always did in previous image as this is 1st time i have recorded anything since new kernel etc.
I come back from training and made brew reay to relax and have a giggle, top gear in the list, it starts for one second and off, nothing, did not record it :mad:
Any news on when these issues will be resolved?
Thanks all

Larry-G
23-02-12, 23:13
I know this is of no help to you what so ever and I am not disputing your problems as there are just way too many reports to discount. however i can say honestly and truthfully that i have not once had a issue with any recordings i have made on any of my boxes. Uno,Duo,Ultimo. I have hundreds of gigabytes of recordings and none have failed using either the old or new kernel ViX images.

23-02-12, 23:32
Since I've had my box and ViX installed (December) I've never had problems with recording either.

Maybe try using a different hard drive?

Foxylady
23-02-12, 23:39
Harddrive is fine, no need to change it over as worked fine prior.
I use the box always at minimal, never do loads of plugins, only use it for picons, epg and recording along with watching, thats it as that's all i want from it anyway.
I will set another and see if it records.
Any news on what's causing the ghosting, lines, sharpened edges etc?
Thanks

ekkostar
24-02-12, 13:26
I'm currently using the latest Blackhole Media Tree image on both Duo and Ultimo. AV Quality is stunning, no ghosting and edge sharpness is out of this world. The best it's ever been on this box so far for sure.

jgc115
24-02-12, 18:26
I'm currently using the latest Blackhole Media Tree image on both Duo and Ultimo. AV Quality is stunning, no ghosting and edge sharpness is out of this world. The best it's ever been on this box so far for sure.

@ekkostar
Did you have to make any adjustments to get this stunning quality?

ekkostar
24-02-12, 20:10
Not really, I've got my set up pretty spot on though scaling wise. BH Media Tree does show improvement over earlier images razor sharp, punchy pictures.

Latest Vix seems to have fallen down for some a little, issues et al on this new kernel. It's unfortunate but I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon enough.

Huevos
25-02-12, 15:20
Image quality is down to the hardware, not the image.

Rob van der Does
25-02-12, 15:31
An image has no influence on that: only hardware & drivers are responsible for the picture quality.

cosie
25-02-12, 17:56
@foxy lady I had a feW recordings that failed when I updated the kernel in vix.
I fixed this by replacing the drivers for the duo from the vuplus site.can't remember where I got the files now,sincr doing this I've had 100% reliability

Rob van der Does
25-02-12, 18:19
Running the latest image = using the latest drivers.

cosie
25-02-12, 18:28
This was the time I did the drivers upgrade rob,if foxy lady is still having issues recording it's worth a try don't you think
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14487-Recording-Problems/page2&highlight=Drivers

Rob van der Does
25-02-12, 18:32
Yes, but then was then. Those drivers are in the image for quite some time.

Hamram
25-02-12, 21:23
@foxy lady I had a feW recordings that failed when I updated the kernel in vix.
I fixed this by replacing the drivers for the duo from the vuplus site.can't remember where I got the files now,sincr doing this I've had 100% reliability

I'm also having different recording problems, and I think it started in december. I have the same probløems on two boxes, so it must come from either the image, or the drivers, as you point out here. If you (or any...) stumble in to the drivers you're talking of, please give us a hand. :)

Rob van der Does
26-02-12, 07:12
If you (or any...) stumble in to the drivers you're talking of, please give us a hand. :)
LOL, we don't 'stumble' upon drivers. The manufacturer makes them available, and we embed them in an update as soon as possible.
The latest VU drivers are dated 26/1 and are embedded in our latest image (build 204).

Hamram
26-02-12, 14:21
LOL, we don't 'stumble' upon drivers. The manufacturer makes them available, and we embed them in an update as soon as possible.
The latest VU drivers are dated 26/1 and are embedded in our latest image (build 204).

Well, as the drivers in the image might be the problem, and there's no better drivers available through normal channels, I just guessed that one had to stumble upon them by extreme luck... ;)