PDA

View Full Version : I've got another Media Plyer problem

canthackit
08-08-10, 16:14
wotchya

after i was informed that the reason i couldn't play back any of my music files was 'cos i had changed the format to FLAC and it's not supported :rolleyes:

i tested a couple of MP3 files and true enough they worked, i've now spent 2 day's converting said files to MP3 HQ now nothing will play again :rolleyes:

whats' going on here?

your not going to tell me now that Media Player don't support High Quality MP3 are you :D

so tell me please what's gone wrong again:o

thanks & regards: canthackit

canthackit
09-08-10, 21:04
alright so you don't wanna answer.

what about formats then, who can tell me what audio formats media player supports then.

'cos MP3 is absolute c**p i've just been playing some of my stuff since i converted them to MP3 they sound awefull the sound sounds as if it's trapped inside the speakers, no expansion, no gusto, who ever developed this format of MP3 should be shot.

regards: canthackit

Sicilian
10-08-10, 07:24
Why dont you try a few audio formats and report back ;)

Would be nice for someone to test a number of formats a make a post saying what works and what don't. Just pick a couple of tunes and convert them into different formats to test :)

canthackit
10-08-10, 14:10
ok

i'll do that then.

canthackit
10-08-10, 14:37
@ The Boss

this is a real pain mate, it's not just flac that wont play but the real pain is non supported formats lock the machine up i've got to keep rebooting, but i've found out that ogg.vorbis wont play either.

onwards and upwards though :D

regards: canthckit

Sicilian
10-08-10, 14:44
@ The Boss

this is a real pain mate, it's not just flac that wont play but the real pain is non supported formats lock the machine up i've got to keep rebooting, but i've found out that ogg.vorbis wont play either.

onwards and upwards though :D

regards: canthckit

Ah the joys of testing.........:D Complete this task and you'll have a nice little surprise ;)

Btw might be an idea to say what image you've used for testing the audio formats. Maybe also state bit rate of the audio files. For instance the MP3 files that sounded awful, what bit rate where they?

canthackit
10-08-10, 15:50
ok let's clear this bit up, when i say awfull it's the MP3 format that sounds awfull, it sounds trapped in the speaker unlike flac, now that's uncompressed and sounds exspansive through my Amp i select either "Pure Audio" or "Direct Audio" that turn's off all circuitry in case you didn't know :rolleyes:

all the pink floyd stuff i'm testing sounds brilliant (yes i'm a wrinkly:D there i've said it:eek:) FLAC i'm talking about here, thats' on an DB 800 though.

Errr what else? oh yeah image.

at the moment i'm on DE 1.3.3F, i'm sure i've tried some of the other formats in the past on VTI with the same outcome.

bitrate how do i check for that?:rolleyes:

grtmoby
10-08-10, 15:52
bitrate how do i check for that?:rolleyes:

just right click on the song when on ur pc and click on properties

canthackit
10-08-10, 16:22
thanks mate.

got another problem now although i can upload the files ok they're not being listed in Media Player, these are .wav .wma .ape .wpl . .aac

i did mage at one stage to try and test .wav you can add that to the list of non players, i'm getting the feeling here now that it's going to be the bog standard MP3 and that's it, but continue to test i will.

edit:
bitrate: 128 kbps

canthackit
10-08-10, 16:31
update non-players
flac
ogg vorbis
wma
wva
aac

if anyone can think of a format they would like me to try just 'oller i'll do my best to get it to load.

pooface
10-08-10, 18:14
How about the ac3 format? All mkv files I've tried of that format work. Granted, they have video too... If it doesn't work normally, how about adding it to a .ts container using tsmuxergui?! That should get it working... Just put the ac3 file in there, and mux...

canthackit
10-08-10, 19:11
'Ere 'ang about a bit :eek:

layman's terms mate please, laymens terms :D

how do i convert audio files to AC3? :confused:

i've got 2 proggies i'm using Roxio Pro and Switch v2.04 (until the trial run's out:D)

personaly i cant see it working even if i can convert any files, but give me the tools and i'll try :rolleyes:

regards: canthackiit

grtmoby
10-08-10, 19:44
personaly i cant see it working even if i can convert any files, but give me the tools and i'll try :rolleyes:

your wishes are my command :D
here u go

http://www.ojosoft.com/how-to-convert/mp3-to-ac3-converter.html

pooface
10-08-10, 20:35
'Ere 'ang about a bit :eek:

layman's terms mate please, laymens terms :D

how do i convert audio files to AC3? :confused:

i've got 2 proggies i'm using Roxio Pro and Switch v2.04 (until the trial run's out:D)

Sorry, forgot it was the canthackit ;) hehe

Try this proggy:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/eac3to

Think there's a gui somewhere for it... But it's a command-line programme. When I last tried it, you basically type in the command:

eac3to input.flac output.ac3

You might need some other programmes installed for the codecs etc... But worth a try... (as long as you think you'll be able to start a command line - start -> run -> cmd -> enter :p :D) hehe

canthackit
12-08-10, 06:16
your wishes are my command :D
here u go

http://www.ojosoft.com/how-to-convert/mp3-to-ac3-converter.html

i've d/l the trial proggie and i am attempting to convert it but OJO is telling me it will only convert the first 20% of each file, that's not mush good is it :rolleyes:

canthackit
12-08-10, 08:39
i've found out that my Roxio proggie does AC3 conversion's i've done a few tracks from a Kasabian Album, Media Player don't even recognise them let alone play them, so that appears to be another no no.

so add AC3 to the list

pooface
12-08-10, 10:05
i've found out that my Roxio proggie does AC3 conversion's i've done a few tracks from a Kasabian Album, Media Player don't even recognise them let alone play them, so that appears to be another no no.

so add AC3 to the list

Did you try as I suggested?!

Download tsmuxergui from the link below:

http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html

Then, run it, and choose "Add" from top-right. Select the ac3 file (also can try for any other types that are supported, such as aac etc), and then underneath where it says "Output", ensure that "TS muxing" is selected. Then, select where you want to save it, and click "Start Muxing".

This will then create a .ts file. Upload this to your /media/hdd/movie directory, and open it up with the recordings button (one you usually use to watch recorded programmes). Think the file will be at the bottom of the list.

Then, see if it works. It should play with just a blank screen afaik...

canthackit
12-08-10, 11:19
no i havn't but i will mate, thanks!

i see there's a new image out, the AAF one i'll probaly install that and try it see if there's any driver updates.

canthackit
12-08-10, 12:15
problems problems problems.

invarably mostly when trying to ADD the files the folders that i am tryiing to seledt from are showing as blank, the only files that will display are the one's i did earlier (sounds like blue peter) these are the ones that are short excerpts from the tracks that i converted with OJO/Roxio and have an .AC3 extension.

then i get a bloody error message" tsMuxeR not found"...........................words spring to mind like "brain" and "In" and Doing My:D

canthackit
12-08-10, 14:37
just loaded the VTI image after the debacle that was/is the AAF images, sorry folks just my opinion but there's still a lot work of work needs to be done on them.

sorry i digress....so loaded the VTI image full of hope and nope still the same outcome i tried FLAC just got the spinner, mind you it's a nice spinner:D

canthackit
12-08-10, 18:07
up date.

i've just installed the latest Gigant image started up merlin music first and the track indicator started to move but no sound was forthcoming, but i thought things looked promising so i open media player, nothing happened at first so but i started up an MP3 track and it played fine, so i thought go for it and loaded the same track in FLAC and that played.

so i'm going to do some more trialing and loading who know's where it might lead :D

not only that but it's a terrific image, once you suss out a way to load the softcams:confused:
it's got some terrific skins, the default is great and it's got my beloved infinity, oooops i've gone off track again no pun intended.

back to media player, i'm off now to test it and see what codecs we can get to work with it.