PDA

View Full Version : New Vu+ Solo Stopped working

gycuk1
22-02-12, 21:50
Hiya All,

Just upgraded my Spiderbox to a Vu+ solo which arrived today.

I was looking through the menus, and just started to scan my 1st sat. The box then presented me with a green screen and said that it had encoundered an error and needed to re-start.
Now it comes on with a green light but nothing on the screen, i have tried switching if off and on. Get the standby light for a short period then green led comes on and nothing. Not even a Hello?

Am i missing something or is there something happened to my new box in the 1st hour of operation. How can i fix it?

Any help would be of great help thanks

Jon

Dell_XPS
22-02-12, 22:17
Not got a solo m8, but seeing as no one has answered you yet, try reinstallling the image on the box again.

Sicilian
22-02-12, 22:24
As above, have you tried re-flashing? Is it a genuine Solo?

satmanbasil
26-02-12, 13:49
Hi mate

Depending on what the last config was for the satellite it could be a simple matter of being on the wrong satellite i would suggest pressing the arrow down then green button and make sure you selected the satellite service your dish is pointing to.
Also you can via the menu>>setup>>service search>>sat finder check your signal levels make sure your receiving a signal from your lnb
Reason behind this method is the blank screen could be your not turned to a channel due to the wrong satellite or the wrong satellite itself.
Looking at what you reported the crash could have been caused by the receiver not receiving and data from the satellite it was asked to check, the good news is you have a green light so you should see menus etc on screen which will prove the box is working and only needs to be told what to look for.
To save time why not go menu>>plugins>>and then green button and download a settings list already made and updated you can then using one of the many edit progs taylor the list to your own need.

cheers