PDA

View Full Version : dreamboxedit question !

dan44762000
22-02-12, 11:48
i use dreamboxedit to load the latest vhannibals bouquets too my tm800hd and it does it flawlessly , however i have noticed in the settings that there is the option to update satelites.xml
by pressing "update satelites.xml" is dreamboxedit automatically getting the latest satelites info and flashing it too my box ?

i dont understand how this part works .

many thanks daniel

Sicilian
22-02-12, 11:54
Try and report back, wont do any harm. If it dont work as expected simply re-send the original whats in the pack.

dan44762000
22-02-12, 13:23
Try and report back, wont do any harm. If it dont work as expected simply re-send the original whats in the pack.

that makes absolutely no sense what so ever to me.
thanks Daniel

tsx
22-02-12, 13:54
They were trying to say:

Why don't you try it, and then report back here your results. If it doesn't work or breaks the satellites.xml then you can always send the one from vhannibals bouquet you downloaded back to your device.

:)

BTW I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know what that function does or if it works.

Larry-G
22-02-12, 14:14
The option to update the satellites.xml ( add new entries from services ). basically scans your bouquet services files and if it finds transponders that are not listed in the satellites.xml file it writes them in. This option is of no real use to you if your using premade bouquets.

The intended use is for example.
you load the newest Vhannibals bouquet to the receiver then rescan all satellites your interested in. once complete use DBE to dump those bouquets back to the pc and hit the update satellites.xml. DBE will scan and as i said above it will add any new transponders it finds. Its a tool used mainly by people who make the bouquets.

dan44762000
22-02-12, 15:51
The option to update the satellites.xml ( add new entries from services ). basically scans your bouquet services files and if it finds transponders that are not listed in the satellites.xml file it writes them in. This option is of no real use to you if your using premade bouquets.

The intended use is for example.
you load the newest Vhannibals bouquet to the receiver then rescan all satellites your interested in. once complete use DBE to dump those bouquets back to the pc and hit the update satellites.xml. DBE will scan and as i said above it will add any new transponders it finds. Its a tool used mainly by people who make the bouquets.

excellent information . so i will just keep updating the bouquets and leave satelites.xml well alone.
thanks dan