PDA

View Full Version : How to USB flash GiGaBlue HD 800 SE

Sicilian
22-02-12, 06:27
Instructions how to USB flash GiGaBlue HD 800 SE.

1. Download HD 800 SE.
2. Format a USB stick FAT32.
2. Extract and copy the following flash files to the ROOT of the USB stick. If using Team Red image, only use the files in the FINISH zip folder: -

burn.bat
rootfsn.img
vmlinux.gz (do not extract the .gz file, copy as is to root of stick)

4. Make sure the receiver is powered off.
5. Plug in prepared USB stick to either front or rear USB port.
6. Power on, the display will show E000 for a couple of seconds then changed to LOAD.
7. Leave to flash, will take approx 3-5 mins dependant on image size.
8. GiGaBlue HD 800 SE will automatically reboot once complete.

Rob van der Does
22-02-12, 07:23
And don't forget to remove the stick when the box is up, or the process will be repeated on the next boot.
I know, sounds pretty straight forward, but I managed to run into that.......

Wizard55
10-04-12, 20:43
Just a quick question do i need to download this before i flash image
GigaBlue HD 800 SE - E2 PREFLASH ONLY
:confused:

Sicilian
10-04-12, 21:54
Just a quick question do i need to download this before i flash image
GigaBlue HD 800 SE - E2 PREFLASH ONLY
:confused:

If you Gigablue hd800se already has an Enigma 2 image flashed to it, you only need to flash the finish files.

Bluto141
27-04-12, 19:14
when the image is flashed (i used team red) once the flash is total finished and booted, what should be on screen before you use the remote control.
i have the gigablue logo and loading, i am not convinced the flash is complete.

I am so close to chucking this box out the window, does anyone use MSN and perhaps could hold a very frustrated jock

Stanman
27-04-12, 19:46
If its like any other image, you should get an option to select the video output source etc

digi247
28-04-12, 01:16
The Gigablue OpenAAF image is very good i have it on mine and its been rock solid the only problem i have is with the time its always an Hour out no matter what setting i try.

Sicilian
28-04-12, 07:10
when the image is flashed (i used team red) once the flash is total finished and booted, what should be on screen before you use the remote control.
i have the gigablue logo and loading, i am not convinced the flash is complete.

I am so close to chucking this box out the window, does anyone use MSN and perhaps could hold a very frustrated jock

If the receiver is going through the flashing process and your getting the remote control after flashing, the flash is complete. You then go through the startup wizard.

What exactly are you stuck on? Maybe start a thread with what you're stuck on.